b:好吧,你觉得多少优惠合适?5%怎么样?这个价格已经有点勉强了,我们的利润没有那么高的。
a: let's close the deal at a discount of 8%,ok?
a:让我们以每台优惠8%的价格敲定这桩生意,好吗?
b: you drive a hard bargain! ok, that's a deal.
b:你真会讨价还价。好吧,就这么定了。
notes
1. discount ['diskaunt] n. 折扣,贴现率;v. 打折扣,贴现;不重视
2. margin ['mɑ:d?in] n. 边缘,余地;幅度;利润;页边空白;定金
3. close the deal 达成交易
4. hard bargain 吃亏的买卖;条件苛刻、没有让步的协议
小贴士
在双方谈判交流的过程中,一定要注意倾听对方的发言,如果对对方的观点已经了解,可以说:i see what you mean.(我明白您的意思。)如果表示同意,可以说:that would be nice.(那样太好了。)或者i agree with you.(我赞成。)如果是可以接受但必须有条件,可以用on the condition that这个句型,例如:we accept your proposal, on the condition that you place a large order than 5000.(如果您订购超过5000台,我们会接受您的提议。)
另外,在与外商尤其是欧美国家的商人谈判时,如果有不同意见,最好坦白直率地提出来,而不要拐弯抹角。比如无法赞同对方的意见时,可以说:i don't think that's a good idea.(我并不认为那是个好主意。)或者frankly speaking, we can't agree with your proposal.(坦白地讲,我无法同意您的提案。)如果是拒绝,可以直接说:we can't accept. it's too high.(这个价格太高,我们不能接受。)
应对纠纷有妙招
dialogue
maggie is busy with her work in the office. customeres to voice aplaint about sending wrong products. and maggie is dealing with that for the customer.
麦琪正在办公室忙碌着,一个客户来投诉说发错货了。麦琪正在为客户处理这件事。
maggie: i have to apologize to you again. i promise it will never happen again.
麦琪:我再次向您道歉,我保证以后不会再出现类似情况了。
customer: i have never thought that you have sent me the wrong products! what am i supposed to do now?
客户:我从来没有想到你们把我的货全发错了。现在怎么办?
maggie: i'm terribly sorry. the person in charge of yourpany's supplies is a green hand. we'll resend the products to you at once.
麦琪:真的很抱歉,负责给您供货的人刚来不久,我们会马上给您重新发货。
customer: i'm under pressure to make delivery to my clients with the terms of the contract. i am not going to tear up the contract.
客户:我还要赶着给我的客户按合同交货,我可不想违约。
maggie: here, i'll give you a higher discount on these products. besides, we'llpensate for all the losses caused by our mistake. how about that?
麦琪:这样吧,这批货我给您再优惠点儿。另外由于我们的失误给您造成的损失,我们会全部赔偿。您看行吗?
customer: all right! since you are sincere,i'll say nothing more. thank you.
客户:好吧。既然你这么有诚意,我也不再说什么了。谢谢。
maggie: that's all right. we hope to provide you with good service for many years toe.
麦琪:不用谢。为了能建立长期的合作,我们希望给您提供满意的服务。
notes
1. green hand 新手,无经验的人
2. make delivery 交货
3. tear up 撕毁,撕破
4.pensate ['k?mpenseit] v. 补偿,赔偿;付报酬
小贴士
争议(dispute)是指交易一方认为对违反合同规定,或因对方不履约或不完全履约所引起的纠纷。争议的解决(settlement of disputes)是指双方当事人就争议所做出的处理。其方式可分:协商(negotiation)、协调(conciliation)、仲裁(arbitration)和诉讼(litigation)。常用的句型有:
1. i think all disputes between us shall be settled amicably through negotiation.
我认为我们之间的所有争议应通过友好协商解决。
2. we promise to try to solve the matter to your satisfaction.
我们保证设法解决问题,让贵公司满意。
3. ourpany will cover the losses arising from it.
因此而产生的损失由我方承担。
4. we agree topensate for all the losses, but ask you to drop the lawsuit.
我们愿意赔偿所有的损失,但是我们要求贵公司撤诉。
5. if no settlements can be reached through negotiation, the case shall be submitted to the arbitrationmission for arbitration.
如果协商不能解决,该案件应提交仲裁委员会仲裁。
6. we feel pity that you shipped bulk products not corresponding in quality with the sample.
你们运来的这批货与样品的质量不相符,我们深感遗憾。
团队合作人心齐
dialogue
elvin has been in the newpany for two months. his friend zina wants to know how elvin gets along with his job.
埃文在这家新公司已经工作两个月了。他的朋友吉娜想了解一下他的新工作怎么样。
zina: hi, elvin. how do you like your new job?
吉娜:你好,埃文。你的新工作怎么样啊?
elvin: pretty good. my colleagues are all quite easy-going. it's a very friendly place to work. in all, everything is great so far.
埃文:很好。我的同事们都很好相处,工作气氛很和谐。总之,目前为止,一切都很好。
zina: that's really fine. have you learned the ropes at your new job?
吉娜:那太好了。你对你的新工作熟悉了吗?
elvin: almost. i work in the sales department. the corporate culture is totally different from my formerpany. when i was assigned a task at my last job, i was totally on my own. but here most of the work is done in teams. everyone works closely with each other. so i can learn a lot from it and get into the swing of it quickly.
埃文:差不多了。我在销售部工作,公司的企业文化和我以前所在的公司截然不同。以前我分配到任务后,就只靠一个人来完成。但是在那家公司,大多数的工作都是在团队里完成的。每个人都要和其他人密切合作。所以我从中学到很多东西,工作也很快就上手了。
zina: that's really nice. team—work is highly valued in manypanies. it's very important to be involved in the team at work.
吉娜:很好啊。很多公司都特别注重团队合作。工作中融入团队是很重要的。
elvin: yeah, that's good for a positive work environment and helps motivate employees. i prefer it to working independently. my former boss was extremely controlling and overbearing.
埃文:是呀,这样就有利于创造一个积极的工作环境,并能激励员工。和单打独斗比起来我更喜欢团队合作。我过去的老板控制欲就特别强,还很专横。
zina: well, now you don't have to worry about that. your new place sounds really good.
吉娜:现在你就不必担心了,你的新工作听起来真不错。
notes
1. corporate culture 企业文化
2. assign [?'sain] v. 分配,指派;归因,确定;n. 受让人,接受财产等转让的人
3. get into the swing of 开始熟悉
4. overbearing ['?uv?'b??ri?] adj. 傲慢的,骄傲自大的,蛮横的
小贴士
team spirit in recent years has been getting more and more attention by the enterprise operators and has been adopted by most of them. obviously, dictatorial management behavior hasn't existed any more in modern society. neglecting of the role of team means large loss in the operation of the business. in order to enhance the team cohesion, team spirit training arises at the historic moment.
近年来团队合作受到企业经营者越来越多的关注,并且被大多数采用。显然,在当代社会,个人独裁的管理行为已经不复存在。忽视团队的作用就意味着在经营中会产生巨大损失。为了提高团队的凝聚力,团队合作培训就应运而生了。
what makes a good team?
1. the members work towards amon objective.
2. the members co-operate fully with each other.
3. the members trust each other.
4. the members share information effectively within the team.
5. the members listen to different points of view.
6. they talk openly and honestly within the team.
7. when people are under pressure, others offer help.
如何成为一个优秀的团队?
1. 团队成员要为一个共同的目标努力。
2. 成员之间相互密切合作。
3. 成员之间相互信任。
4. 团队能够有效地分享信息资源。
5. 成员之间善于听取意见。
6. 成员之间话题公开,坦诚相对。
7. 遇到压力时,成员间会互相帮助。
期待更详细的资料
dialogue
david is calling his customer to increase the possibility of successful cooperation.
戴维正在给客户打电话以增加合作成功的可能性。
david: hello, this is david white from abcpany. may i speak to mr. smith?
戴维:你好,我是abc公司的戴维·怀特。我找史密斯先生。
mr. smith: speaking. what can i do for you, mr. white?
史密斯先生:我就是。请问有什么事,怀特先生?
david: i'm sorry to bother you. i was told that you have an intention to cooperate with us, don't you?
戴维:很抱歉打扰您了。听说您有意向和我们合作,是吗?
mr. smith: yes, i do.
史密斯先生:是的。
david: thank you for your attention to ourpany. i have a feeling that there will be a bright future for us to cooperate within the field. is there anything that i can offer you?
戴维:感谢您对我们公司的关注。我觉得我们在该领域的合作会有非常好的前景。有什么我能帮您的吗?
mr. smith: hmm…i appreciate your sincerity. i'd like to know more about yourpany. could you send me some details about yourpany and products?
史密斯先生:嗯,非常感谢贵公司的合作诚意。我想更多地了解你们公司,你能给我发一些关于贵公司和公司产品的详细资料吗?
david: no problem. i will send them to you soon.
戴维:没问题。我马上就给您发过去。
mr. smith: that's very kind of you. thank you.
史密斯先生:太好了。谢谢。
david: you're wee. i will assure you of our business.
戴维:不用客气。我会尽全力促进我们的合作的。
notes
1. intention [in'ten??n] n. 意图,目的,意向;打算
2. assure [?'?u?] v. 使确信,使放心;确保
小贴士
1. is it possible to give us some details about the products?
能否给我们提供产品相关的详细资料?
2. we want to buy food additives. please contact us with the details of your products and price.
我们想订购食品添加剂,请附带你们产品的详细资料和价格与我们联系。
3. the more we know about you, the more orders we will make.
我们对贵公司了解得越详细,就会下越多的订单。
4. i am interested in your plane models. could you send me details about the wp546 model?
我对你们的飞机模型很感兴趣。能给我发一些型号wp546飞机模型的详细资料吗?
5. please contact us if you would like to hear and see more.
如果想了解更多信息,请联系我们。
6. for more information, please visit the project site.
请访问项目主页以了解更多信息。
7. may i know more about your party?
我可以了解贵方更多的信息吗?
与客户细谈合作
dialogue
since two parties have the intention to promote cooperation, it's indispensible to negotiate for the details.