您当前位置:首页  >  综合其他

毕业之后还要上的10堂英语课

时间:2023-05-28  来源:  作者:李文昊
那天我要出差。
8. i have a full schedule next week.
我下周的时间都排满了。
热情招待客户
dialogue
john goes to the airport to pick up a customer.now he meets the customer dan matthews.
约翰去机场接一位客户。现在他和客户丹·马修斯碰面了。
john: excuse me! i'm john smith from du pont fuelpany. are you dan matthews from abcpany?
约翰:您好!我是杜邦燃油公司的约翰·史密斯,您是abc公司的丹·马修斯吗?
dan: yes, i am. glad to meet you.
丹:是的,我是。很高兴见到你。
john: me, too. i am here to meet you. wee to wuhan! how was your flight?
约翰:我也是。我是到这儿接您的。欢迎您来武汉。旅途愉快吗?
dan: it was fine except for a little long, all together nearly 6 hours.
丹:还好,就是时间有点长,全程将近6个小时。
john: that was a long flight. you must be tired now.
约翰:旅途是有点长,您现在一定累了。
dan: actually i feel pretty rested. i was able to sleep on the plane.
丹:实际上我休息得很好。我能在飞机上睡一会儿。
john: that's good. let me help you with your luggage.
约翰:那样很好。我来帮您提行李吧。
dan: thanks. you are so kind.
丹:谢谢,你太好了。
john: that's all right. i've already made a western-style room reservation for you. let's go to the hotel first. and i've made arrangements for you to visit the city. changjiang river bridge and the huanghe tower in wuhan are very famous, especially the nocturnal sights over the river is really quite nice!
约翰:不用客气。我已经在一家酒店给您订了一间西式房间,我们先去那里吧。并且这个城市的游览计划我也已经给您安排好了。武汉的长江大桥和黄鹤楼是非常著名的景点,尤其是江上的夜景真的很美。
dan: oh, great. thank you for your hospitality.
丹:哦,太棒了。多谢你的热情款待。
john: we hope you will feel at home. let's go this way. our car is out in the parking lot.
约翰:我们希望您能宾至如归。请这边走,我们的车在停车场。
notes
1. rested ['restid] adj. 休息得好的;精力充沛的
2. reservation [?rez?'vei??n] n. 预订;保留;(印第安人的)居留地
3. nocturnal [n?k't?:n?l] adj. 在夜间的;(生物)夜间活动的
小贴士
1. thank you for meeting me at the airport, miss li. this is my first time to visit china.
李小姐,谢谢你来机场接我,这是我第一次来中国。
2. you must be tired after the long flight.
经过长途飞行,您一定很累了。
3. let me carry the baggage for you.
我帮您拿行李。
4. we really wish you'll feel at home here.
我们真诚地希望您在这有宾至如归的感觉。
5. may i have your business card?
能给我一张您的名片吗?
6. would you please have a seat for a short while?
请您坐一会好吗?
7. what would you like to drink?
您想喝点什么?
也可以这样说:
can i get you something to drink?
8. i will show you the way. please follow me.
我来领路,请跟我来。
介绍参观公司
dialogue
dan is invited to pay a visit to the factory of his potential cooperator.
丹受邀参观合作客户的工厂。
manager: thank you foring today.
经理:感谢您今天的到来。
dan: i have been longing for visiting your factory for a long time.
丹:我早就想来参观你们的工厂了。
manager: the tour should last about two hours. you need to wear this hard hat. i'll apany you to take a look around the factory and show you our machines in operation.
经理:整个参观大概要持续两个小时。你需要戴上这顶安全帽。我会带您到处看看,展示一下机器的运行状况。
dan: that'll be very interesting. how large an area does this plant cover?
丹:那一定很有意思。厂房面积有多大?
manager: it covers an area of 5000 square meters.
经理:它的占地面积有5000平方米。
dan: what time was your factory established?
丹:你们的工厂什么时候建的?
manager: some ten years ago by merging two small-sized ones. the production line is fully automated andputer-controlled.
经理:大约10年前由两个小规模的工厂合并而成的。我们的生产线都是全自动由电脑控制的。
dan: how do your quality control systems operate?
丹:你们的质量控制系统是怎么运行的?
manager: there're a total of six checks in the whole manufacturing process. all products have to pass strict inspections before they go out.
经理:在整个生产过程中共有6道检查关。所有的产品在出厂前必须经过严格的检查。
dan: it gave me a good idea of your products. i was very impressed. you have excellent facilities and efficient stuff. if it is not too much trouble, i would like to talk with your general manager.
丹:这让我对你们的产品有了一个很好的了解,我真是大开眼界了。你们拥有精良的设备和高效率的员工。如果方便的话,我想和你们的总经理谈一下。
notes
1. hard hat 安全帽;保守派人士
2. merge [m?:d?] v. 合并,融合,兼并
3. automated ['?:t?umeitid] adj. 自动化的
4. impress [im'pres] n. 印记,印象;特征;v. 使……有印象;影响;传送
小贴士
1. i can set up a tour next thursday.
我可以安排下周四参观。
2. are they satisfied with the working conditions?
他们对工作条件满意吗?
3. i thoroughly enjoyed the tour of yourpany. it provided a great insight into thepany we will be dealing with.
参观你们公司让我非常愉快,它让我们深入了解了即将与之合作的公司。
4. where can we see yourplete lines?
在哪可以看到你们公司全部的样品种类?
5. to keep up with overwhelming customer response, ourpany expanded rapidly.
为了适应顾客的热烈反应,我们迅速发展。
6. would you please tell me your schedule so that we can arrange the visit for you?
请告诉我您的行程,以便我们为您安排参观。
7. the firm was set up in the early 70s.
公司成立于70年代早期。
8. we shall be pleased to show you some of our electronic products.
我们将很乐意向您展示我们所出售的各类电子产品。
妥善安排宴会
dialogue
tom'spany has invited a foreign customer to negotiate the business. his director jim asked him to arrange a lavish buffet to entertain their customer.
汤姆的公司邀请了一位国外的客户来洽谈生意。他的主管吉姆要他安排一个丰盛的自助餐来招待客户。
jim: hey, guy. i am very glad to see you.
吉姆:嗨,伙计。见到你真是太高兴了。
tom: really? can i be of any assistance to you?
汤姆:是吗?我能为你做点什么?
jim: you know that mr. gates just came to ourpany to work out a deal with us.we must arrange a dinner to wee hising. and i want to take the task to you.
吉姆:你知道的,盖茨先生刚刚来到我们公司洽谈生意。我们要为他接风洗尘,我想把这个任务交给你。
tom: are we going to have a dinner this evening?
汤姆:今晚要举办宴会吗?
jim: a buffet. you should allow for the guest's eating habits and then select appropriate food for him, not only serving yourself.
吉姆:是自助餐宴会。要考虑到客户的饮食习惯,然后为他挑选合适的食物,而不是根据自己的胃口选择。
tom: that's a little difficult. can't you give the task to someone else?
汤姆:有点难。你能不能让别人来做这事儿呢?
jim: no, sorry, i can't. it belongs to you.
吉姆:对不起,不能。非你莫属。
notes
1. work out 解决,确定;想出;制订出;计算
2. deal [di:l] n. 协定,交易;大量;v. 应付;处理;交易,经营
3. buffet ['b?fit] n.自助餐,饮食柜台;打击;v. 连续猛击,打击
4. allow for 考虑到,顾及;为……留出余地
5. banquet ['b??kwit] n. 宴会;v. 参加宴会
小贴士
很多时候,一些谈判和商讨都是在餐桌上完成的,一顿成功的商务晚餐可以令任何一种商业关系得到巩固。选定餐厅之前,东道主要先把共餐者对食物和地点的偏好弄清楚,才不至于发生尴尬事件。西方的商务宴客方式主要有:
seated dinners 宴会(较正式,嘉宾每人都有各自固定的席位)
receptions 招待会
buffet dinners 自助餐(也称冷餐会)
cocktail parties 鸡尾酒会(时尚发布会后经常举办类似酒会)
some etiquette you can't miss
1. if you don't like what's being served, don't say so.
2. don't put your used napkin on the top of the table.
3. if something that goes into your mouth muste out because it's unchewable, don't spit it out or into the napkin.
4. cut only two or three pieces of meat at a time.
5. signal the servers that you are still eating by placing your fork and knife in an inverted v on your plate from the 10 to 2 o'clock positions.
6. turn cell phones off when at dinner.
不可不知的餐桌礼仪
1. 如果不喜欢餐桌上的食物,也不要说出来。
2. 不要把用过的餐巾放在桌子上面。
3. 吃到难以下咽的东西,也不要吐出来或吐在餐巾纸上。
4. 吃肉时每次最多切成两到三块。
5. 如果要提示服务员继续用餐,把餐叉和小刀放在你盘子上10点到2点钟的位置成倒v状。
6. 用餐时把手机关掉。





毕业之后还要上的10堂英语课 02 沟通协商
02 沟通协商
谈判交流有技巧
dialogue
the two parties are negotiating about the products price.
谈判双方正在就产品价格进行协商。
a: i'm interested in yourputers, but i'm wondering about the price you'll possibly offer.
a:我对你们的电脑很感兴趣,但是不知贵方会出什么价?
b: as far as that style ofputers is concerned we have agreed on a unit price of 400 dollars for at least 50, and we can't go below that price for an order of this size.
b:就那种型号的电脑而言,我们同意给400美元的单价,但必须至少购买50台,对这样的订购量我们不可能低于这个数。
a: your price is much higher than i expected. we are making a large order of 200. could you give us a little discount?
a:你们的价格比我预期的要高很多。我们计划200台的大订货量,能给我们折扣吗?
b: i know you're making a large order but you are also getting excellent products at a very large discount. 400 dollors is almost the lowest price we can offer.
b:我知道你们的订购量很大,但你们也是以很大的优惠购买质量上乘的产品。400美元是我们能给的最低价。
a: i'm afraid i can't agree with you. your price is much higher than otherpanies'. we can't buy with your offer.
a:恐怕我不能同意你们的价格。你方的价格比其他公司的价格高出很多。我们不能接受这个价格。
b: well, what do you suggest then? how about 5%? the price is already a little tight,and our profit margin is not that large.
1...910111213...54
猜你喜欢