您当前位置:首页  >  综合其他

毕业之后还要上的10堂英语课

时间:2023-05-28  来源:  作者:李文昊
史蒂文:恐怕得要一星期才能完成。
manager: what's holding things up?
经理:是什么给耽误的?
steven: actually, it is all my fault. we are short-handed at work because many of the workers have left. and i still havn't hired enough hands now.
史蒂文:事实上,都是我的错。因为很多工人都辞工了,我们人手不够。直到现在我还没有招到足够的人手。
manager: well, what have you done to solve the problem? are the workers working overtime?
经理:哦,你是怎么解决问题的?工人是不是在加班?
steven: yeah, they've been working overtime for a month. and i also put a want advertisement in the newspaper, but i haven't got any replies so far.
史蒂文:是的,工人已经加班一个月了。我也在报纸上登了招聘广告,但是目前仍没有回音。
manager: okay. tell the workers we have to work overtime for one more week. we must bow to time.
经理:好了,告诉工人再加班一周,我们要抓紧时间啊。
notes
1. hold up 支持,支撑;延迟;展示;举出
2. short-handed [??:t'h?ndid] adj. 人手不足的
3. attack [?'t?k] v.(努力地)着手干;进攻;抨击
4. a want advertisement 招聘广告
5. so far 到目前为止
小贴士
1. the plan is behind schedule again.
这项计划又没按时完成。
2. by burning the midnight oil i still failed to finish the job on time.
尽管开了夜车,我还是没能按时完成工作。
3. bob always falls behind his schedule.
鲍勃总是不能按时完成计划。
4. you can't always procrastinate.
你不能总是拖延。
5. i'm sorry to tell that the project is shelved.
很抱歉,工程延期了。
6. with the customer often picking holes in my work, my job has be a bed of nails. so i don't finish it on time.
顾客经常对我的工作吹毛求疵,我的工作太难做了。所以我没有按时完成。
7. i find the work heavy going, so i am afraid the job will have to be put off.
我觉得这项工作很难,恐怕不得不拖延了。
我也有不满
dialogue
julia looks very angry in the office. her goo friend and colleague janees to reassure her.
朱莉亚在办公室看起来很生气,她的好朋友兼同事简过来安慰她。
jane: you're fuming. what happened?
简:你气得快冒烟了。怎么了?
julia: the manager is not amenable to reason! he flared up at me, making a mountain out of molehill!
朱莉亚:经理真不讲理,一点小事就冲我发那么大的火。
jane: what's the “molehill” he made a mountain out of?
简:什么小事?
julia: i spilled his coffee just now, but i certainly didn't do it on purpose. i didn't think it was any big deal, but he still blew up at me after i had apologized to him.
朱莉亚:我刚刚打翻了他的咖啡,但是我绝对不是故意的。没什么大不了的,我已经道过歉了,他还对我发火。
jane: well, he has been under a lot of pressure recently. thepany suffered from a failure in the investment and he's been a little bit depressed.
简:哎,他最近压力挺大的。公司投资失败,他有点消沉。
julia: well, i know he is in a bad mood, but it doesn't mean he can vent his anger on me.
朱莉亚:我知道他心情不好,但他也不能冲我撒气呀。
jane: you want my advice? let it go.
简:想听听我的建议吗?别去想了。
notes
1. fume [fju:m] v.冒烟,愤怒
2. amenable [?'mi:n?b?l] adj. 顺从的;通情达理的;经得起检验的
3. flare u 突然燃起来;突然发怒
4. make a mountain out of molehill 言过其实;小题大做
5. spill [spil] v. 溢出,洒,使……流出,泄漏
6. on purpose 故意,有意
7. blow up 爆炸;充气;放大;大怒
8. vent [vent] v. 发泄,表达;排放
小贴士
1. don't you dare!
你好大的胆子啊!
也可以这样说:
how dare you!
2. do you want to challenge me or something?
你是想挑战我还是怎样?
3. don't push me around any further; you really make me feel sick.
不要再任意摆布我了,你让我觉得厌烦。
4. please shut up! i've heard enough of your excuses.
闭嘴,我已经听够你的解释了。
5. i went to his office to ask him for some help, and he simply turned up his nose at me, which makes me rather angry.
我刚才去他办公室找他帮忙,他理都不理我一下,气死我了!
6. you weren't very kind when you were talking with tom just now. what do you have against him?
你刚刚和汤姆说话的态度不是很好。你对他有什么不满吗?





毕业之后还要上的10堂英语课 04 人事管理
04 人事管理
这次为什么迟到
dialogue
judy is late for work this morning. she has to give her executive bob an explanation about it.
朱蒂今天早上迟到了,她不得不向主管鲍勃解释原因。
bob: what made you so late, judy? you have been late for 40 minutes.
鲍勃:朱蒂,你怎么来这么晚?你迟到了40分钟。
judy: i am sorry for being late this morning,bob.
朱蒂:很抱歉我今天迟到了,鲍勃。
bob: judy, that's the second time this week,isn't it?
鲍勃:朱蒂,这是你这星期第二次迟到,是吧?
judy: yes. last time my bus was late. and this time the buses on the minute, but i hit rush hour traffic.
朱蒂:是的。上次是公共汽车晚点了,这次按时到了,但我遇到了交通高峰期。
bob: you always have a perfect excuse for your late. is it possible for you to take an earlier bus?
鲍勃:你迟到总会有很完美的借口。你能乘早一点的班车吗?
judy: i think so. i'm going to do that tomorrow.
朱蒂:可以,我打算明天就那样做。
bob: i am expecting for your good presentation.
鲍勃:我很期待你的良好表现。
judy: all right.
朱蒂:好的。
notes
1. on the minute 准时
2. rush hour traffi 交通高峰
小贴士
几乎每个上班族都有过迟到的经历,据俄罗斯报刊上发表的一项最新社会调查结果显示,13%的上班族每周至少迟到一次,24%的人会每月迟到一次。然而真实的迟到原因要么有些尴尬,要么微不足道。于是,大部分迟到者都会为自己找一个自认为最佳的理由。以下是一些很热门的迟到借口:
1. i got stuck in traffic.
我路上堵车了。
2. i know it might sound lame, but my alarm clock somehow didn't go off this morning.
我知道那可能听起来有点蹩脚,但我的闹钟今天早上不知道怎么搞的没有响。
3. sorry, i overslept this morning.
对不起,我今天早上睡过头了。
4. sorry, i didn't catch the bus.
对不起,我没赶上公共汽车。
5. i was working too late last night so that i couldn't get up on time.
我昨天工作太晚以至于今早没及时起床。
6. i lost my key of my car.
我把车钥匙弄丢了。
7. my car broke down.
我的车抛锚了。
请假休息规矩多
dialogue
rudy wants to take a month's leave in january to visit his parents in china. he is discussing with the personnel manager ted about his leave.
鲁迪想在一月份休假一个月去探望在中国的父母。他正同人事部经理特德讨论他的休假。
rudy: morning, ted.
鲁迪:早上好,特德。
ted: hi, rudy. what can i do for you?
特德:你好,鲁迪。有什么事吗?
rudy: i'd like to talk to you about my vacation.
鲁迪:我想同你谈谈我的假期。
ted: ok, go ahead and tell me what you want.
特德:好的。说吧,告诉我你有什么要求。
rudy: well, i'm planning to have a month's leave in january and i want to use my threeweek vacation days for this year.
鲁迪:我计划在一月份休假一个月,而且我想用我今年的3个星期的休假日。
ted: so long? go on holiday for a rest?
特德:那么长?是要度假休息吗?
rudy: no, i want to go to see my parents in china.
鲁迪:不,我想去探望在中国的父母。
ted: good idea. but it also happened that henry wanted to get away in january too. and you can't be away at the same time as henry.
特德:好主意。不过碰巧亨利也在一月休假,而你不能和亨利同时休假。
rudy: why can't we both take a holiday when we want?
鲁迪:为什么我们不能想去休假的时候都去呢?
ted: because there must be someone to keep the work going.
特德:因为需要有人把工作进行下去。
rudy: i see, but i have a good reason for choosing january.
鲁迪:我知道,但我选一月份休假是有原因的。
ted: what's that?
特德:什么原因?
rudy: because in china we celebrate the spring festival in january this year, and it's our tradition to have family gatherings.
鲁迪:因为在中国我们在一月份庆祝春节,而且春节期间全家团聚是我们的传统。
ted: okay, i'll do my best to meet your request.
特德:好的,我会尽量满足你的要求。
rudy: that's very kind of you, ted. thank you very much.
鲁迪:你真是太好了,特德。非常感谢。
ted: you are wee.
特德:不客气。
notes
1. get away 逃脱;离开
2. gathering ['g?e?ri?] n. 集会,聚集;捐赠(款)
小贴士
1. i'd like to take this afternoon off if it's all right with you.
我今天下午想请假,可以吗?
2. i really need to see a doctor this morning because i have a headache and i can't concentrate on my work.
我今天上午必须去看医生,我头痛而且不能专心工作。
3. would it be possible for me to take twodays off?
我可以休两天假吗?
4. all right, but don't forget to bring a doctor's note in tomorrow.
好吧,但是记着明天把医生开的证明拿来。
5. i've been busy with work for a long time and need a rest.
我很长一段时间都在忙工作,我需要休息。
6. would you please take your vacation after we finish the project?
你可以忙完这个工程之后再休假吗?
7. i can't make it to work today. i've got the flu.
我今天不能来上班了,我得了流感。
8. i want to have a three-week leave this month to prepare for my wedding.
我想这个月请3星期假筹办婚礼。
升职加薪看我的
dialogue
king has worked in thepany for over eight years. he wants to talk with the manager about a pay raise.
金在一家公司已经上班8年多了,他想和经理谈谈加薪的事。
king: excuse me, manager. may i have a word with you?
金:打扰了,经理。我能和你谈谈吗?
manager: sure,e in. what can i do for you?
经理:当然可以,请进。有什么事吗?
king: well, sir, as you know, i have been an employee of this prestigiouspany for more than eight years.
金:先生,您知道的,我在这家很有声望的公司已经工作8年多了。
1...7891011...54
猜你喜欢