您当前位置:首页  >  综合其他

毕业之后还要上的10堂英语课

时间:2023-05-28  来源:  作者:李文昊
史蒂文:为了挣更多的钱我们不得不这样。
notes
1. on the road 在旅途中;到处奔走
2. occasional [?'kei??n?l] adj. 偶然的,不时的;临时的
3. catch up with 赶上;对……产生恶果
小贴士
1. there are still several things that haven't been decided yet for the business trip.
关于出差的事情有些仍没有决定。
2. you don't know how pressed the schedule is for this business trip.
你不知道这次出差行程安排得有多紧张。
3. on this trip i have to visit a very important customer.
这次出差我要拜访一位非常重要的客户。
4. ourpany is sometimes very cheap with the travel expenses.
我们公司有时在出差费用上非常小气。
5. are you willing to make long-time business trips abroad?
你愿意长期在国外出差吗?
6. my work involves occasional journey.
我的工作使我不得不偶尔出差。
7. he came back from the business trip and submitted his air fare, hotel charge to the treasurer's office.
他出差回来向财务科报销了飞机票和住宿费用。
8. i want to take this chance of business trip to pay a visit to my old friend.
我想利用这次出差机会顺便拜访我的老朋友。
下班了,回家去
dialogue
it's time to get off work. annes to ask for sarah whether she will punch out or not.
该下班了,安去过来问莎拉是否要打卡下班。
ann: i think we should call it a day. shall i punch out for you, sarah?
安:我觉得我们要下班休息了。要我给你打卡吗,莎拉?
sarah: ok, thank you.
莎拉:好的,谢谢。
ann: all right. let's go home. according to a swiss study people taking the stairs instead of elevator at work can expect to live longer. why don't we take the stairs?
安:好了,我们走吧。根据瑞士的一项研究,上下班爬楼梯的人比乘电梯的人寿命要长。为什么我们不走楼梯呢?
sarah: good idea. every day we sit for so long in the office without exercise, which is not good for our health.
莎拉:好主意。我们每天在办公室坐很久而不锻炼,这对我们的身体很不好。
ann: right. let's go. when i return from work every day, i would rather walk than take a bus. but i live too far away from ourpany.
安:是的,我们去爬楼梯吧。我每天下班回家,宁可走路也不愿坐公共汽车。但是我住的地方离公司太远了。
sarah: i ride my bike. i don't live too far away, so it's pretty convenient. it's only about a fifteen-minute ride from my house to the office.
莎拉:我每天骑自行车。我住的不远,所以很方便。从我家到公司只需要骑车15分钟。
ann: i bet it's a good way to keep fit.
安:我敢说那是保持健康的好方法。
sarah: yes, not only a good way to keep in shape, but a good way to relieve pressure as well.
莎拉:是啊,不仅仅是保持身材的好方法,还是减轻压力的好方式。
notes
1. punch out 打卡下班
2. elevator ['eliveit?] n. 电梯
3. would rather do…than do… 宁可做……而不做……
4. keep in shape 保持健康;维持身材
5.mute [k?'mju:t] n. / v. 乘车上下班
小贴士
赖班族
继“上班族”、“月光族”等现代“族群”之后,都市又悄然兴起“赖班族”,而且“赖班”人群呈明显上升趋势。赖班族,指的是people hanging on in their offices after work, 也就是下班后没有回家的欲望只想赖在办公室消磨时间的一群人。在中国,上班族的下班时间一般都在下午5点到6点半之间,但在北京、上海等城市的许多写字楼里,到了晚上还透出片片灯火,这群加班的人中有无奈“被加班”的,有为了避开下班高峰期的交通拥挤而“赖班”的,另外也有一群因孤独不愿回家的。他们更愿意待在办公室和朋友上网聊天,因为这会使他们感觉更舒服自在些。这种赖班族们可以尝试自我减压,多参加一些娱乐活动,以加强和朋友间的交往以及通过家人团聚等方式来拓宽自己的交往圈,从而摆脱种种不良状态。这样可以在上班期间排除所有干扰,制订详细的工作计划来提高工作效率。





毕业之后还要上的10堂英语课 02 电话礼仪
02 电话礼仪
接打电话有一套
dialogue
tom is making a call to one of his customers and inquiring something about the products he sold before.
汤姆正在给他的一位客户打电话,向他咨询以前售出的产品的状况。
tom: hello, this is tom kant from international trade co. limited. could i speak to mr. smith?
汤姆:你好,我是国际贸易有限责任公司的汤姆·康德。我可以和史密斯先生通电话吗?
mr. smith: speaking please.
史密斯先生:我就是。
tom: i'm sorry to disturb you. you purchased our equipment last year and now i'd like to find out about their workings. are they still in gear now?
汤姆:很抱歉打扰您了。您去年购买了我们的设备, 我现在想了解它们的使用情况。它们现在是否还正常运转?
mr. smith: yeah, exactly! we bought them last year. at present, they are still in good condition.
史密斯先生:是的,我是去年购买的。目前,它们状态良好!
tom: that's it! all of them have first-class quality and performance. every instrument is subject to strict inspection before shipment. now we have researched and developed new products.
汤姆:这就对了!它们的质量和性能都是一流的。每件设备在装运前都是经过严格检验的。现在,我们还研发了新产品。
mr. smith: yourpany is developing so fast. maybe later on we'll cooperate again.
史密斯先生:你们公司发展得真快。或许以后我们还会再次合作。
tom: that's terrific! if any, please remember to call us. i won't keep you any longer.goodbye, mr. smith.
汤姆:那太好了!如果有需要的话,记得联系我们。我就不再打扰您了!再见,史密斯先生。
mr. smith: bye!
史密斯先生:再见!
notes
1. working [w?:ki?] n. 运作;工作方法;劳动
2. be in gear 处于正常工作情况的
3. in good condition 状况良好
4. be subject to 遭受;服从;以……为条件
5. inspection [in'spek??n] n. 检查,检验;视察
小贴士
1. hello, may i speak to william?
你好,我可以和威廉通电话吗?
也可以这样说:
may i have william, please?
2. i have something urgent to consult miss brown.
我有急事要找布朗小姐。
3. i'm sorry to call you so late.
对不起,这么晚打来电话。
4. i hope i didn't catch you at a bad time.
希望没有打扰你。
5. who is that speaking?
请问您是哪位?
也可以这样说:
who is calling, please?
6. i'm sorry to have kept you waiting so long.
抱歉让你久等了。
7. could you just wait for a moment, please?
请稍等一会儿好吗?
不小心打错电话
dialogue
julia wants to call mr. kant of the finance department. but she got the wrong number.
朱莉亚想要给财务部的康德先生打电话,但是她拨错号码了。
julia: hello, could i speak to mr. kant?
朱莉亚:你好,我可以和康德先生通电话吗?
a: there are two mr. kants here. which one do you like to talk to?
a: 这有两位康德先生。您找哪一个?
julia: i'd like to talk to james kant. may i have him?
朱莉亚:我找吉姆斯·康德。我可以和他讲话吗?
a: sorry, i beg your pardon?
a:不好意思,请再说一遍。
julia: james kant.
朱莉亚:吉姆斯·康德。
a: i'm sorry, but there's no one here by that name.
a:对不起,没有这个人。
julia: isn't this the finance department?
朱莉亚:这不是财务部吗?
a: i'm afraid you dialed the wrong number. this is the home telephone.
a:恐怕你拨错号码了,这是家庭电话。
julia: oh, sorry to have bothered you.
朱莉亚:哦,真对不起,打扰您了。
a: it doesn't matter.
a:没关系。
notes
1. finance departmen 财务部
2. dial ['dai?l] v. 拨号,打电话
3. bother ['b?e?] v. 烦扰,使恼怒;使不安,费心
小贴士
1. i'm sorry, but we don't have anyone by that name here.
对不起,我们这没这个人。
也可以这样说:
i'm sorry, but there is no one called susan here.
2. oh, sorry to have disturbed you.
哦,真对不起,打扰您了。
3. i beg you pardon? mr. who?
请再说一遍,你找谁?
4. what number are you trying to dial?
你要的电话是什么号码?
也可以这样说:
what number are you calling?
5. will you check the number again, please?
请您再核对一下电话号码好吗?
6. i suggest you look in the phone book again.
我建议您再查一下电话簿。
7. are you sure you are dialing the right number?
你确定你打的号码是对的吗?
8. could you check the number for me, please?
可否帮我核实一下这个号码?
也可以这样说:
could you test the number for me, please?
无法接听电话
dialogue
steven meets some problems in his work, so he wants to ask for advice from susan. now he is giving susan a ring. but susan is not in.
史蒂文在工作中遇到了一些问题,他想请教苏珊。现在他正在给苏珊打电话,但是苏珊不在办公室。
steven: hello, may i speak to susan please?
史蒂文:你好,请找一下苏珊好吗?
a: i'm sorry, she is not in.
a:对不起,她不在。
steven: can you tell me how long she'll be back? i want toe to her for some advice about my work.
史蒂文:能告诉我她多久会回来吗?我想向她请教一些工作方面的问题。
a: sorry, i have no idea. she is on business trip at present. why don't you call her cell phone?
a:抱歉,我不知道。她目前在出差。为什么你不打她的手机呢?
steven: i'd like to. but i don't have her cell phone number. can you tell me about it?
史蒂文:我是想,但是我没有她的手机号码。你能告诉我她的号码吗?
a: i'm sorry. we can't give out her cell phone number.
a:对不起,我们不能把私人电话给您。
steven: then can you call her and give her my number? my number is 6854778. my name is steven kant.
史蒂文:那么你可以给她打电话把我的电话号码给她吗?我的电话是6854778,我叫史蒂文·康德。
a: no problem, mr. kant.
a:没问题,康德先生。
steven: thank you.
史蒂文:谢谢。
notes
1. at present 目前,现在
2. give out 公布;分发
小贴士
out of pocket
out of pocket最常见的意思是“赔钱、白白损失”(having suffered a financial loss)。如果用连字符将out of pocket这三个单词连起来,就成了一个形容词out-ofpocket,最基本的意思是“没钱了”(having no money)。out-of-pocket expenses 则是指一些需要事先用现金支付的,事后可以报销的开销,比如出差时的交通费、食宿费等等。但近来out of pocket成了网上的一个通俗用语,越来越多的网民用somebody is out of pocket来表达“某人现在不在这儿”。那么“赔钱”和“缺席”有什么关系呢?如果你不在办公室(out of office),没有及时被分配任务,那你就失去了赚钱的机会(out of pocket)。如果你不在办公室而在外出差,那么你就经常会有一些out-of-pocket expenses。
例如:
i'm out of pocket these days.
1...56789...54
猜你喜欢