您当前位置:首页  >  综合其他

毕业之后还要上的10堂英语课

时间:2023-05-28  来源:  作者:李文昊
安娜:等等。是的,我找到了。但是少了4页。这是怎么回事,爱丽丝?
alice: i guess the fax machine was out of paper. i am sorry about that. i am going to call the customers and explain to them and ask them to send the faxes again.
爱丽丝:可能是传真机没纸了,我很抱歉。我会打电话给客户解释,请求他们再发一份过来。
anna: all right. be quick, please. it's very urgent. don't make any mistakes any more.
安娜:好吧。请快一点,事情很紧急。不要再出现问题了。
alice: i'll do it out of hand. i can assure you that you'll see the faxes in half an hour.
爱丽丝:我马上去办。我保证你半个小时后会看到客户的传真。
notes
1. pretty ['priti] adv. 相当,很;adj. 漂亮的,标致的
2. be out of 摆脱;在……之外;出于;缺乏
3. not…any more 不再
4. out of hand 无法控制;马上,立刻
5. assure [?'?u?] v. 使确信,使放心;确保
小贴士
1. i am expecting a fax from head office.
我正在等总部的一份传真。
2. these copies are too light, so i can't make out any of the words.
这些传真副本上的字颜色太浅了,我什么也看不出来。
3. some pages of the fax are missing.
这份传真少了几页。
4. we didn't receive the eighth page of your fax.
我没有收到你的传真的第八页。
5. how do i know if my fax is sent?
怎样才能知道传真已经发出去了?
6. fax is much more convenient and faster than ems.
传真比快递方便快捷多了。
7. i didn't receive your fax, and would you please send it again?
我没有收到你的传真,请你再传一次好吗?
8. the memory of the fax machine is full, and there is no paper to print.
传真机的内存已经满了,而且也没有打印纸了。
怎样处理信件
dialogue
susan has just drafted a business correspondence.she wants to ask for some advice about it from peter.
苏珊刚刚起草了一份商业信函。她想从彼得那征求一下意见。
susan: hi, peter. could i bother you a minute?
苏珊:嗨,彼得。我能打扰你几分钟吗?
peter: of course. what can i help you?
彼得:当然可以。我能帮你什么?
susan: i just drew up a business letter to our customers. can you give me some tips please? are the form and contents correct?
苏珊:我刚刚起草了一份给客户的信件。你能给我指点一下吗?信件的格式和内容正确吗?
peter: business letters are usually formal and the contents must be concise. keep your message short, because no one likes long letter. well, not bad on the whole. for clarity, you should put aplete line space between each paragraph.
彼得:商业信件通常是注重格式的,内容要简洁。信件要简短,因为没有人喜欢读冗长的信函。嗯,整体上不错。为了条理清晰,在两端之间要空一行。
susan: oh, i forgot it. thank you.
苏珊:哦,我忘记了。谢谢你。
peter: you're wee. can you make sure your spelling and grammar are correct?
彼得:不客气。你确定所有的拼写和语法都正确吗?
susan: yeah, i have gone over it more than twice.
苏珊:是的,我已经检查两遍以上了。
peter: aha, you are a conscientious worker.
彼得:啊哈,你工作起来挺认真的。
susan: thank you. this is what i ought to do.
苏珊:谢谢你的夸奖。这是我分内的事。
notes
1. draft [drɑ:ft] n. 草稿;汇票;征兵;v. 起草;征募
2. correspondence [?k?ri'sp?nd?ns] n. 信件;通信(联系);符合,一致
3. draw up 起草,拟订;(使)停住
4. respond [ri'sp?nd] v. 答复;(to)对……有反应,响应
5. concise [k?n'sais] adj. 简明的,简要的
6. on the whole 总体上
7. conscientious [?k?n?i'en??s] adj. 认真的,勤勤恳恳的
小贴士
to send and receive letters
在翻译中,英语和中文的语序恰恰相反,我们说收发信件就不能译为“to receive and send letters”,而是“to send and receive letters”。类似的还有:sooner or later 迟早;no matter rich or poor 不论贫富;not worry about food or clothing 衣食无忧;care little about one's life or death 不管死活等等。
办公软件熟练吗
dialogue
in the rest room, ann and julia are talking about the convenience and practicability of office softwar.
在员工休息室,安和朱莉亚正在讨论办公软件的便捷和实用性。
ann: office software is very convenient for us. it saves us from so much work and makes themunication at home and abroad much easier.
安:办公软件给我们带来了很多方便。它让我们的工作更加轻松,让国内外的交流更加方便。
julia: yeah, though i am not expert in using all the office software, i do enjoy the convenience.
朱莉亚:是呀。尽管我对所有的办公软件不是很熟练,但我已经感觉到很方便了。
ann: in this information age, if you want to find a good job, you must be experienced in office software. the skills qualify you to get a high wage and promotion opportunity.
安:在这个信息时代,如果想找到一份好工作,你就必须能熟练操作办公软件。这项技能会让你得到高工资和提升的机会。
julia: i am going to be washed out of the times. i only know a little about excel and i have to shake off my present situation. can you help me? you are a dab atputer.
朱莉亚:我要被时代淘汰了。我对excel只是略懂皮毛,我必须要摆脱现在这种状况。你能帮我吗?你可是电脑高手。
ann: please don't worry too much about that. sense of crisis may raise your morale. anyhow, i can give you a hand whenever it is required.
安:不要太过于担心了。危机感可以激发你的斗志。不管怎样,只要你需要,我就会伸出援手的。
julia: it's so kind of you. thank you.
朱莉亚:你真是太好了。谢谢你。
notes
1. practicability [?pr?ktik?'biliti] n. 实用性,可行性
2. at home and abroad 国内外
3. qualify ['kw?li?fai] v.(使)胜任,(使)具有资格,(使)合格
4. wash out 把……洗掉;取消;破产;淘汰
5. shake off 抖落;摆脱
6. dab [d?b] v. 轻拍;轻涂;n. 内行,高手
7. morale [m?'r?l] n. 士气,斗志;品行
小贴士
1. are you familiar with the usage of office software?
你能熟练使用办公软件吗?
也可以这样说:
how is your proficiency in using office software?
2. i don't have the least knowledge of autocad.
我一点也不懂怎样自动制图。
3. he is a crack hand atputer.
他是个电脑高手。
4. could you show me the excel useful skills?
你能教我一些excel电子表格实用技巧吗?
5. in order to operate the office software perfectly, all the staff must be trained for a month.
为了能熟练地操作办公软件,所有的员工必须要参加一个月的培训。
6. excel is amon office software with powerful functions.
excel是一种很常见且功能强大的计算机办公软件。





毕业之后还要上的10堂英语课 01 日常工作
第二堂
工作事宜
01 日常工作
莫忘沟通与交流
dialogue
billy fi nds it d fifi cult tomunicate wi his new colleague. his colleague and friend steven gives him some advice.
比利觉得他和新同事相处有困难。他的同事兼朋友史蒂文给了他一些建议。
billy: i can't stand the stupid guy any longer.he does everything so mindlessly that he is going to drive me cra
比利:我不能再忍受那个蠢货了。他做事总是没脑子,快把我逼疯了。
steven: oh, take it easy, my friend. you're supposed to forgive a green hand like him.
史蒂文:噢,别放心上,朋友。原谅像他那样的新手吧!
billy: i have told him how to revise the report three times, but he still makes the same mistakes.
比利:我已经告诉过他怎样修改那份报表三次了,但他还犯同样的错误。
steven: maybe you shouldmunicate with him just like a friend and be patient.
史蒂文:也许你应该和他像朋友一样沟通一下,要有耐心。
billy: i always find it difficult to get along with my colleagues.
比利:我总是觉得和同事相处起来有点困难。
steven: just take them as your good friends and make sure to keep your temper under control when you are discussing.
史蒂文:把他们当成你的好朋友。你们讨论时,不要发脾气。
billy: maybe you are right. i should discuss with them in a polite way and since we are partners we should help and trust each other.
比利:也许你是对的。我应该礼貌地和他们讨论,既然我们是搭档就应该互相帮助和信任。
steven: all men are equal in the eyes of the god. you have no right to get angry with anybody even if he does something wrong.
史蒂文:在上帝眼里每个人都是平等的。即使别人做错了事,你也无权冲他发火。
billy: thanks for telling me these. i'll try to change my attitude.
比利:谢谢你告诉我这些,我会试着改变我的处事态度的。
notes
1. mindlessly ['maindlisli] adj. 不用脑子地,不费心思地
2. drive sb. cra使某人发疯
3. a green hand 新手
4. keep one's temper under control 忍住性子
小贴士:
touch base
to touch base这个习惯用语来自于美国的棒球运动。但是如今它已经不仅仅是一个专业术语,而发展为一个日常用语了。意思是把某一件事的情况告诉有关的人,使大家都知道这件事的进展和计划。
例如:
are you free now? i'd like to touch base with you about how to carry out the plan as soon as possible.
你现在有时间吗?我想和你谈谈怎样尽快实施这份计划。
汇报工作要精心
dialogue
anna is preparing for reporting to the firm on her recent work. she wants her colleague to offer some advice about her report.
安娜正在为向公司汇报工作作准备。她想让同事给她的报告提一些建议。
anna: thanks for listening my presentation,sue. i really don't want it to be a dud.
安娜:谢谢你愿意听听我的报告,苏,我真的不想让公司失望。
sue: don't worry about that. you have a strong sense of humor, so i think your presentation must be lively and interesting.
苏:不必担心。你很有幽默感,所以我觉得你的报告一定会很生动有趣的。
anna: if it is boring and difficult to understand, all my preparation will be for nothing. can you give me some advice about my report?
安娜:如果我的报告枯燥乏味的话,我所有的准备都白费了。你能提一些意见吗?
sue: it seems that you have prepared the report with great care, and your report is very impressive.
苏:看起来你已经很精心地准备了,你的报告确实很棒。
anna: does it need something extra to make it more lively or persuasive?
安娜:需要再加一些东西让我的报告更生动、更有说服力吗?
sue: all you need is to keep confident and full of vitality. so all will be attracted and concentrate on your report. you have finished your report with carefulness and organization. i am sure you will get highly recognition.
1...34567...54
猜你喜欢