您当前位置:首页  >  综合其他

毕业之后还要上的10堂英语课

时间:2023-05-28  来源:  作者:李文昊
吉姆:当然,我昨天刚擦过。我要走了,第一天上班我可不想迟到。再见。
sarah: enjoy your first day. goodbye.
莎拉:祝你第一天上班过得愉快。再见。
notes
1. match [m?t?] n. 比赛;匹配;火柴;v. 相配,相称
2. go with 跟……相配;与……相伴;附属于
3. polish ['p?li?] v. 磨光,擦亮;修改;n. 上光蜡
小贴士
1. is this your first day of the office?
今天是你第一天来公司上班吗?
2. he got off on the wrong foot by being late on his first day at work.
他第一天上班就迟到了,一开始就给人留下了不好的印象。
3. tom reported for duty today.
汤姆今天报到上班。
4. you need a high-powered image.
你需要的是高层主管的印象。
5. wee to ourpany.
欢迎来到我们公司。
6. could you help me pick an outfit for work next monday?
你可以帮我选件下周一上班穿的行头吗?
7. you need to look more professional and modest.
你需要看起来更职业更稳重些。
三言两语话自己
dialogue
after reporting for duty in the personnel department, david met his manager mr. blakely.
戴维在人事部报到后,见到了他的经理布莱克利先生。
david: it's my pleasure to meet you again,mr. blakely.
戴维:很高兴再次见到你,布莱克利先生。
mr. blakely: me too. wee to ourpany. i'd like to show you around and introduce our team to you.
布莱克利先生:我也是。欢迎来到我们公司。我带你参观一下公司,并给你介绍一下我们的同事。
david: that's fine. thank you.
戴维:那太好了。谢谢。
mr. blakely: hello, everybody. let me introduce a new colleague to you. david,could you please make a brief selfintroduction?
布莱克利先生:大家好,请允许我给大家介绍一位新同事。戴维,你能简单地自我介绍一下吗?
david: hello, everyone. i am david strong and i am so happy to be part of the team.since i am new here, i hope to learn more from you during the work in the future.
戴维:大家好,我是戴维·斯特朗。很高兴能成为团队中的一员。我是新来的,日后还需要向你们多学习。
jim: hi, nice to meet you. i am jim. wee to join us.
吉姆:你好,很高兴认识你。我是吉姆。欢迎你加入我们团队。
mr. blakely: jim is our sales executive. if you need any help, just let him know.
布莱克利先生:吉姆是我们的销售主管。如果你需要帮忙,找他就行了。
david: i have heard a lot about you, jim. it's my honor to work with you.
戴维:吉姆,我听说过你。能和你一起工作是我的荣幸。
jim: from what i've heard, i think you are very suitable for the position. i'll see you this afternoon to go over some related things.
吉姆:据我所知,你很适合这份工作。今天下午我想就有关问题和你谈一谈。
david: no problem. i am eager to get down to my work.
戴维:没问题,我希望能尽快着手工作。
notes
1. brief [bri:f] adj. 短暂的;简短的;n. 摘要
2. executive [ig'zekjutiv] n. 主管,行政官;行政部门;adj. 行政的
3. get down to 开始,着手
小贴士
1. hello, everybody. we have a new colleague today.
大家好,今天我们来了一个新同事。
2. please let me introduce myself.
请允许我做下自我介绍。
3. wee aboard.
欢迎你来到这儿。
也可以这样说:
glad to have you with us.
4. these are the people you'll be working with.
这些是将来要共事的人。
5. we will be the best partners in work.
相信我们在工作中会成为最佳搭档。
6. if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
如果有什么问题,尽管问。
7. i am very green here and your guidance would be appreciated.
在这里我是个新手,请多指教。
8. i've been looking forward to working with you.
我一直盼望能和您一起工作。
公司制度知多少
dialogue
as a neer, george needs to get familiar with the rules and regulations in the office now the personnel executive peter is introducing the rules and regulations to him.
作为一名新员工,乔治需要了解公司的规章制度。现在人事部主管彼得正在向他介绍这些规章制度。
george: peter, could you tell me the rules and regulations of our firm?
乔治:彼得,你能告诉我一些公司的规章制度吗?
peter: ok, the working hour is from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. you can have lunch and then take a rest from 12:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and you must clock in and out. be sure not to be late or absent.
彼得:好的。我们的工作时间是早上8点到下午5点。从中午12点到下午两点你可以吃午餐或者休息。上下班时间必须打卡。务必不要迟到或缺勤。
george: thank you for telling me these. but would you mind telling me something else, such as how to ask for leave?
乔治:谢谢你告诉我这些。您不介意告诉我一些其他的吧,比如如何请假?
peter: all new staff are likely to ask the same question. every month you have two days off except the weekends and legal holidays. but you can take the two days off later if necessary.
彼得:所有的新员工似乎都会问这个问题。每个月除了周末和法定节假日你还有两天假,不过有必要的话你可以调休。
george: okay, i get it. then what about any others?
乔治:好的,我明白了。关于其他的规定呢?
peter: i'd like you to have a look at our firm's rules and regulations. here you are. if there is any question, you can ask me at any time.
彼得:你可以看一看我们公司的这份规章制度,给你。如果有疑问,随时可以问我。
george: all right. thank you very much.
乔治:好的。非常感谢。
notes
1. clock in and out 上下班打卡
2. absent ['?bs?nt] adj. 缺席的,不在的;缺乏的
3. staff [stɑ:f] n. 全体职工,全体人员;v. 为……配备
4. predict [pri'dikt] v. 预言,预报,预知,预测
5. have a look 看看,看一眼
6. doubt [daut] n. 疑惑,疑问;怀疑;v. 怀疑
小贴士
1. do not forget to clock in and out.
你上下班时不要忘了打卡。
2. what if i forget to clock in?
如果我忘记打卡怎么办?
3. you should report to the manager about your work every month.
你应该每月向经理汇报工作。
4. salary will be docked by the day regarding those who are granted for leave.
对获准请假者, 按日扣发工资。
5. if you are absent without reason, your double salary will be deducted on a day basis.
如果无故缺勤,将按日扣掉双倍工资。
6. thepany offers a high traveling subsistence allowance to its employees.
公司给员工提供比较高的出差津贴。
7. you must take the work permit when you are in work.
你工作时必须要戴上工作证。
8. how often do we get paid?
我们多久发一次工资?
最爱新员工培训
dialogue
george is employed by apany. the training specialist mr. ye decides to give him a pre-job training.
乔治被一家公司录用了。这家公司的培训师叶先生决定给他进行就业前培训。
mr. ye: i'd like to show the training program to you.
叶先生:我想给你说说你的培训计划。
george: how long is it?
乔治:我需要培训多久?
mr. ye: about one month. first i will give an overview of ourpany. and you will learn about our products, marketing strategy and market information. and you need to go to our merchandiser so as to know more about our firm.
叶先生:大概一个月。首先我会向你介绍我们公司的概况。你要了解公司的产品、销售策略和市场信息。此外,为了更深地了解我们公司,你需要去卖场体验一番。
george: oh, that will be very interesting.
乔治:哦,那一定很有趣。
mr. ye: but it will also be very tired.
叶先生:但是也会很辛苦。
george: it's just a piece of cake. i must bear hardships to be an outstanding salesman.
乔治:这没问题。要成为一名销售精英,我必须得吃苦。
mr. ye: that's good. and in the last two weeks you will work with a seasoned salesman and learn how to deal with the customers.
叶先生:很好。在最后两星期,你会跟着一名有经验的销售人员一起工作,学习如何和顾客打交道。
george: sounds good. i think the training will be helpful for my further working.
乔治:听起来不错。我觉得这次培训对我以后的工作会有很大帮助。
notes
1. overview ['?uv??vju:] n.纵览;总的看法
2. merchandiser ['m?:t??ndaiz?] n. 商人;市场
3. a piece of cake 容易的事,小事一桩
4. outstanding [aut'st?ndi?] adj. 突出的,显著的;未解决的
5. seasoned ['si:znd] adj. 经验丰富的;调过味的;晒(风)干的
小贴士
1. all the new employees will go through a training for three months.
所有的新员工都要参加为期3个月的培训。
2. new factory hands will be trained at the factory.
新进工厂的工人将要在工厂里接受培训。
3. will there be an orientation for neers?
会有新员工培训吗?
4. what we should learn today is the teamwork spirit and how to set up a good team.
今天我们要学习的是团队合作精神和怎样组建一个良好的团队。
5. be more careful with the numbers.
对数字要格外仔细点。
6. when is my pre-job training?
我的入职培训什么时候开始?
7. at the end of the training, you need to write a report as a conclusion.
在培训结束时,你要写一份总结性的培训报告。
8. does the learning plan to all employees include cross-training?
这次对所有员工的培训计划是否包括换位培训?
同事有难要帮忙
dialogue
anna looks very upset in the office. he colleague tinaes to see what's wrong with her.
安娜在办公室里看起来有些着急,她的同事蒂娜过来看看她是怎么了。
tina: anna, what's wrong with you on earth? you look like a cat on hot bricks.
蒂娜:安娜,你究竟是怎么了?你看起来像是热锅上的蚂蚁。
anna: alas, what a fearful mess! i have too much work to do and i don't know how to get down to it.
安娜:哎呀,简直是一团糟。我有很多工作要做,但我不知道从哪儿开始。
tina: tell me the things that you should do. maybe i can help you.
蒂娜:跟我说说需要做哪些工作,也许我能帮你呢。
anna: it's so kind of you. recently i have been busy with a scheme. what i need now is to add some data, but i have to ask for a two-day leave because my daughter is ill in the hospital. the problem is that the scheme must be finished before tomorrow morning and i haven't enough time to deal with it.
安娜:你真是太好了。最近我一直在忙一份策划书,现在我只需要再加上一些数据就行了,但是我必须要请两天假,因为我女儿生病住院了。问题是这份策划必须在明天上午之前完成,但我没有足够的时间。
tina: i am sorry to hear that. but you don't need to worry about it. i can do you a favor for my work in hand is just done.
12345...54
猜你喜欢