蒂娜:听到这事我很难过。你不用担心,我可以帮你,我刚做完了手头的工作。
anna: that's terrific. this is the revised draft, and please add the data to the first 15 pages according to the draft in theputer. the rest are mine.
安娜:那太好了。这是修改好的草稿,你在电脑上把前15页按照这份草稿加上数据就行了,剩下的我来干。
tina: take it easy. we can handle it on time.
蒂娜:放心吧,我们会按时完成的。
anna: yeah. thank you a million, tina.
安娜:嗯。非常感谢你,蒂娜。
notes
1. upset [?p'set] v. 心烦意乱;搅乱;n. 不安;adj. 心烦的
2. on earth 究竟,到底
3. a cat on hot bricks 热锅上的蚂蚁
4. fearful ['fi?f?l]adj. 可怕的;不安的;严重的
5. mess [mes] n. 脏乱状态;困境;v. 弄糟,弄脏,搞乱
6. scheme [ski:m] n. 计划,方案;阴谋;v. 密谋,策划
7. terrifi [t?'rifik] adj.极妙的;极大的
8. revise [ri'vaiz] v. 修订,修改;复习
小贴士
1. can you give me some tips please?
您能指点一下我吗?
2. do you have any questions?
你有什么问题吗?
3. i've got so much to do.
我有好多事要干。
也可以这样说:
i have many things to do.
4. would you mind giving me a hand?
可以请您帮帮忙吗?
也可以这样说:
would you please help me?
5. i'll be glad to.
乐意为您效劳。
也可以这样说:
with pleasure.
6. you did me a great favor. thank you.
你帮了我大忙,谢谢你。
7. don't be afraid to ask for assistance.
不要害怕向别人求助。
8. whenever you are in trouble, you can call me for help.
不管你什么时候遇到困难,你都可以找我帮忙。
熟能生巧需磨练
dialogue
susan starts working in a firm. one day she meets some troubles and asks her colleage for help.
苏珊开始在一家公司工作了。一天,她在工作中遇到了一些困难,于是就向同事寻求帮助。
susan: excuse me, john. could you give me some advice on how to write a marketing survey report?
苏珊:打扰一下,约翰。关于怎样写市场调查报告你能给我一些建议吗?
john: have you made a marketing survey?
约翰:你做市场调查了吗?
susan: yes, ipleted it yesterday.
苏珊:是的,我昨天完成的。
john: how did you make it?
约翰:以哪种方式做的调查?
susan: i have adopted randomized sampling method and investigated in questionnaires of unity structure.
苏珊:我随机抽取了统一结构的问卷。
john: that's fine. have you summarized the sales figures and made your conclusions?
约翰:很好。你已经总结出了销售数据并得出结论了吗?
susan: oh, not yet. thank you for your tips. i still have a lot to learn about my work afterwards.
苏珊:哦,还没有。多谢你的指点。在工作上,我以后还有很多要学习呢。
john: well, practice makes perfect. don't worry about it. everyone needs some time to learn the ropes of a new job.
约翰:熟能生巧。不用担心,每个人都需要时间才能熟悉自己的新工作。
susan: thank you for your toleration and encouragement. i won't let you down.
苏珊:谢谢你的包容和鼓励。我不会让你们失望的。
john: i favor your performance.
约翰:好好努力。
notes
1. survey report 调查报告
2. randomize ['r?nd?maiz] v. 随意选择;随机化
3. investigate [in'vestigeit] v. 调查,调查研究
4. learn the ropes 熟悉工作
5. toleration [?t?l?'rei??n] n. 宽容,忍受;默认;信仰自由
6. let sb. down 让某人失望
小贴士
1. i'll get familiar with the work soon.
我会很快熟悉这份工作的。
2. no one minded my faults because they knew that i was still learning the ropes.
没有人介意我犯错,因为他们知道我还在熟悉工作中。
3. it's all greek to me, but i am willing to learn.
我对这些一窍不通,但是我愿意学习。
4. this job presents many difficulties to the new recruit like me.
这件工作对我这样的新手来说困难重重。
5. a capable salesman must undergo a long process of tempering.
一个干练的营销人员必定要经历长期的磨练。
6. i have to ask you what to do next.
我得问问你下一步做什么。
7. i appreciate your effort very much.
我看好你。
8. it's unexpected that you can finish it in such a short time.
真没想到你能在这么短的时间内完成这项工作。
让压力见鬼去吧
dialogue
recently tony looks pale and always feel very tired. after work, his good friend stevenes to invite him to a party.
最近托尼看起来没精神,一直觉得很累。下班后,他的好朋友史蒂文过来邀请他参加一个聚会。
steven: hi, tony. what's the matter with you? you look a bit under the weather.
史蒂文:嗨,托尼。你怎么了?看起来脸色不好。
tony: nothing serious. i just feel a little tired as i often have bad sleep these days. i've just taken the new job and i want to do well in my work, but it's difficult.
托尼:没什么。我只是觉得有点累,因为我最近睡眠一直不好。我刚刚做这份新工作,想好好表现,但这工作太难了。
steven: you have been under too much stress. you must mix work with adequate rest. do remember not to be a workaholic.
史蒂文:你压力太大了。你必须要劳逸结合,切忌不要做工作狂。
tony: i know that. i am anxious to be a good salesman, so i have to pay before getting paid. you know “no pain, no gain”.
托尼:我知道。我想成为一名好的销售人员,要收获就要付出。你知道的:没有付出就没有收获。
steven: but you should also know that all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. work hard and play hard, tony. why not go to the party in my home tonight? all you need now is to relax yourself. just to hell with the pressure.
史蒂文:但是你也应该知道:只工作不娱乐,聪明的人也会变傻。托尼,工作的时候拼命干,要玩的时候尽情玩。为什么不去参加我家今晚的聚会呢?你现在要做的就是使自己放松下来,让压力见鬼去吧。
tony: okay. your words are reasonable. you twisted my arm. let's go, young man.
托尼:好吧,你说的也有道理。我算是服了你。我们走吧,年轻人。
notes
1. under the weather 不舒服,有病
2. adequate ['?dikwit] adj. 充足的,足够的;适当的;胜任的
3. workaholic [?w?:k?'h?lik] n. 工作狂
4. twist one's arm 强迫某人,向某人施压
小贴士
1. how do you deal with the pressure at work?
你怎样处理工作压力?
2. i can work under high pressure.
我能承受较强的工作压力。
3. too much stress on the job may cause insomnia and depression.
工作压力太大会导致失眠和抑郁症。
4. the daily pressure of my work is killing me. i just can't stand it.
日常的工作压力让我精疲力竭,我真受不了。
5. you'd better find some ways to eliminate the stress, or you may get depression after a long time.
你最好想办法给自己减压,否则时间久了你会得抑郁症的。
6. i want to have a foot massage to relax myself.
我想做个足部按摩放松一下。
7. fitness, such as running and doing exercises can relieve stress.
健身,比如说跑步和做操能减轻压力。
8. to hell with the pressure.
让压力见鬼去吧。
毕业之后还要上的10堂英语课 03 基本工作 03 基本工作
收发邮件要及时
dialogue
as the assistant of the general manager, ann is told to send emails to the branch managers about the meeting.
安是总经理助理,她被告知要给各部门经理发一封电子邮件通知他们参加会议。
general manager: ann,e here please.
总经理:安,过来一下。
ann: yes. what can i do for you?
安:好的。我能为您做些什么?
general manager: i need an urgent meeting about the reason why our sales have slumped so badly. i'd like you to send emails to all the branch managers about the meeting.
总经理:我需要召开一项紧急会议,商讨一下为什么我们的销售量急剧下滑。你给各部门经理发一封电子邮件,让他们参加会议。
ann: ok. when will we have the meeting?
安:好的。会议什么时间召开?
general manager: at 10:00 this morning. everyone must be present on time.
总经理:上午10点钟。每个人必须按时参加。
ann: yeah, i get it. we'll have a meeting at 10:00 this morning. i'll send the email to all the branch managers at once. anything else?
安:好的,我知道了。会议上午10点举行,我会马上给各部门经理发邮件的。还有其他事吗?
general manager: that's all. please go to prepare for the meeting now.
总经理:没有了。你现在要为会议准备一下。
ann: ok, i'm on it.
安:好的,我这就去办。
notes
1. urgent ['?:d??nt] adj. 急迫的,紧要的
2. slump [sl?mp] v. 暴跌;突然倒下;n. 萧条期,低潮
3. present ['prez?nt] adj. 出席的;现在的;n. 现在;礼物
小贴士
1. could you please check the email for me?
能帮我查收一下邮件吗?
2. please carbon copy me on the email as soon as possible.
请尽快将电子邮件抄送给我。
3. you can't receive an email because your mailbox is over its limit.
你收不到邮件,因为超过了邮箱容量。
4. we'd like to have the meeting on august 15. same time.
8月15号开会,老时间。
5. have you sent our information of our products to our cooperation partner?
你已经把我们产品的相关信息给合作商发过去了吗?
6. i check my email every day.
我每天都查看电子邮件。
7. tina, have you replied to mr. gates' email?
蒂娜,你回复盖茨先生的邮件了吗?
8. thanks to your timely reply, i got the detailed data at the crucial moment.
多亏了你的及时回复,我在关键时刻得到了详细的数据。
传真文件真方便
dialogue
anna is expecting some faxes from her customers, and now she is asking her assistant alice whether the faxes have arrived.
安娜正在等客户的一份传真,现在她正在问助手爱丽丝传真收到没有。
anna: alice, have you put this morning's faxes on my desk? i'm waiting for some urgent faxes from our customers, and i'm pretty sure they came in last night.
安娜:爱丽丝,你已经把今天早上的传真放到我桌上了吗?我在等客户的紧急传真,我确定昨天晚上已经发过来了。
alice: all those came in last night are on your desk. you can have a look at them.
爱丽丝:昨天晚上传真过来的所有材料我都放在您桌上了。您可以看看有没有。
anna: just for a moment. yeah, i get them.but there are four pages missing. what's it all about, alice?