您当前位置:首页  >  综合其他

毕业之后还要上的10堂英语课

时间:2023-05-28  来源:  作者:李文昊
2. diligent ['dilid??nt] adj. 勤奋的,勤快的
3. gunpowder ['g?n,paud?] n. 火药
4. scheme [ski:m] n. 阴谋,计划,方案;v. 图谋,设计,策划
5. obstruct [?b'str?kt] v. 阻隔,妨碍,阻塞
小贴士
女性穿裙装可以为你的职场形象加分
a research has revealed that opinions of others, based purely on the clothes you are wearing, are formed within seconds of first meeting. women who wear skirts and jackets are viewed as more confident, higher-paid and more dependable than those wearing a trouser suit.
women dressed in a feminine way yet are still perceived as confident and successful. the skirt suit seems to balance professionalism with attractiveness.therefore, for women, if you want to make a right and strong first expression,dressing a skirt may do it.
调查发现,基于人们所穿的衣服,人们在第一次见面时,几秒钟之内就会形成一个印象。相对于穿裤装来说,穿裙子和短上衣的女性看起来更加自信,收入更高也更加可靠。
女人穿着女性化的服装,这也表达了一种自信和成功。裙装似乎是职业化和女性魅力之间的一种平衡。因此,对女性而言,如果你想给别人留下好的并且深刻的第一印象,穿裙装也许能达到这种效果。
联系方式要互记
dialogue
susan is new in thepany. on her first day of work, she is introduced to her new colleagues.
苏珊是公司的新人。在她上班的第一天,她被介绍给新同事。
karl: hi, i am karl. i'm glad to have you with us.
卡尔:嗨,我是卡尔。很高兴你加入我们。
susan: thank you! i feel so good joining the team. i heard that you are the veteran of thispany. i do hope you will help me in work.
苏珊:谢谢!很高兴加入这个团队。我听说您在公司里是元老级人物,我衷心地希望在工作中能得到您的帮助。
karl: certainly. i am sure we will cooperate well in work.
卡尔:当然可以。我相信我们会合作愉快的。
susan: so am i. would you mind my having your telephone number? in case i have something to consult.
苏珊:我也相信。你介意给我你的电话号码吗?万一有事情可以向您请教。
karl: of course. my number is 187985585.
卡尔:当然。我的号码是187985585。
susan: thank you. would you like to write down my number?
苏珊:谢谢。你想记一下我的电话号码吗?
karl: yes?
卡尔:多少?
susan: my cell phone number is 189567788 and my msn is 6885578.
苏珊:我的手机号码是189567788,我的msn号码是6885578。
karl: ok, done. oh, here is my card. if you have emergency in work, call me at any time.
卡尔:好了,记下了。哦,这是我的名片。如果工作中有急事,可以随时给我打电话。
susan: thank you. i will.
苏珊:谢谢,我会的。
notes
1. veteran ['vet?r?n] adj. 老练的;资深的;n. 老手;老兵;经验丰富的人
2. emergency [i'm?:d??nsi] n. 紧急情况
3. at any time 在任何时候,随时
小贴士
1. can i have one of your business cards please?
可以给我一张您的名片吗?
2. would you tell me how i can get into touch with her?
你能告诉我她的联系方式吗?
3. could i have your cell phone number and address, please?
可以给我您的手机号码和地址吗?
4. what number could i reach you?
你的联系电话是多少?
5. by the way, have you got a cell phone?
顺便问一下,你有手机吗?
6. how can i get in touch with you if i have something emergent?
如果我有急事怎样才能和你取得联系呢?
7. how can i reach you?
我怎样和你联系?
也可以这样说:
how can i get in touch with you?





毕业之后还要上的10堂英语课 02 聚会
02 聚会
公司聚会要参加
dialogue
the boss sent an invitation to every employee to a party. but susan is lack of interest about the party.
老板给每个职员都发了聚会请柬,但是苏珊不太想去。
susan: hi, julie. i just received an invitation to a party from our boss.
苏珊:嗨,朱莉。我收到了老板的请柬,他请我们去参加聚会。
julie: i received one, too.
朱莉:我也收到了。
susan: are you going to join the party?
苏珊:你去吗?
julie: of course. aren't you?
朱莉:当然。你不去吗?
susan: i don't feel much like going there.
苏珊:我不太想去。
julie: why not? it's going to be a nice party at a japanese cuisine restaurant.
朱莉:为什么不去呢?那可是在一家日本料理店的聚会。
susan: i don't like japanese cuisine. besides, i dislike parties.
苏珊:我不喜欢日本料理,而且,我讨厌参加聚会。
julie: even if you don't enjoy parties, you shouldmunicate more with other colleagues. what's more, attendance at thepany party is a part of your job. part of the reason for inviting everyone is to build rapport among us in thepany.
朱莉:即使你不喜欢参加聚会,你也应该和同事多交流。而且参加聚会也是你的一项工作。举办这次聚会的原因之一就是想在公司里建立融洽的同事关系。
susan: you mean i must attend the party?
苏珊:你的意思是我必须要参加?
julie: of course. the boss expects everyone to be there. you may forego the party if you want to risk offending the boss.
朱莉:当然要去。老板希望每个人都要参加。如果你想得罪老板的话你可以不去。
susan: oh, that is to say i have no choice but to go to the party.
苏珊:噢,也就是说我没得选择只能去了。
notes
1. rapport [r?'p?:t] n. 关系;融洽的关系;相关,比例
2. offend [?'fend] v. 冒犯;犯罪;违反
小贴士
聚会上不适合谈论的话题:
1. personnel finance topics 个人财政状况的话题
2. personal health topics 个人健康方面的话题
3. controversial topics 有争议的话题
4. gossip 八卦
聚会上常用的祝酒词:
1. here's to you!
敬您一杯!
2. to your health!
祝你健康!
3. whatever you like!
请随意!
4. i'd like you to raise your glass and join me in a toast to the health of all our friends present here.
请各位举杯并同我一起为在座的所有朋友们的健康干杯!
5. may i propose a toast to our lasting friendship and cooperation.
我提议为我们长久的友谊和合作干杯!
热闹的同学会
dialogue
jerry and john were classmates when they were in high school. now they are in the high school reunions.
杰瑞和约翰是高中同学。现在他们在高中同学聚会上。
john: hey, jerry. i haven't seen you for ages.
约翰:嘿,杰瑞。很久没见你了。
jerry: yeah, it's been a long time! how is everything going?
杰瑞:是啊,很长时间了。一切可好?
john: pretty good, thanks. i have two boys in middle school and my business is going well. how have you been?
约翰:很好,谢谢。我有两个儿子在上中学,生意也一帆风顺。你好吗?
jerry: ah, you know me! i am a dedicated bachelor. i often fling myself upon my work,so i don't have time to date with girls.
杰瑞:啊,你了解我的。我是个敬业的单身汉。我经常埋头工作,没时间和女孩约会。
john: you haven't changed your inveterate habit. are you still delighted to be a bachelor at all times?
约翰:你的老毛病还是没改啊。你乐意就这样一直做你的单身汉?
jerry: aha, maybe.
杰瑞:啊哈,也许吧。
john: have you seen tony? i was hoping he woulde tonight.
约翰:你看到托尼了吗?我希望他今晚上能来。
jerry: of course hees. we came here together.
杰瑞:他当然来了。我们一起来的。
john: why didn't ie across him? do you always keep in touch each other?
约翰:我怎么没碰到他?你经常和他联系吗?
jerry: we are in the samepany.
杰瑞:我们在一家公司上班。
john: oh, no wonder.
约翰:哦,难怪。
notes
1. dedicated ['dedi?keitid] adj. 专注的,献身的;专用的
2. bachelor ['b?t??l?] n. 单身汉;学士
3. fling oneself upo 毅然投身于;奋力从事
4. inveterate [in'vet?rit] adj. 根深蒂固的,成瘾的
5. at all times 随时;总是,一直
小贴士
1. i'm looking forward to the 10-year college homing.
我一直盼望着十周年的大学校友会。
2. we often hold homing during the spring festival.
我们经常在春节举行同学会。
3. hi, haven't seen you for a long time.
嗨,好久不见了。
也可以这样说:
hi, long time no see!
4. what a surprise! you got married with maggie. you looked like enemies in high school.
真没想到!你居然和麦琪结婚了。在高中时你们就像是仇人。
5. the alumni association is great! i meet many college classmates that have lost contact long ago.
校友会太棒了!我见到了很久以前就失去联系的大学同学。
6. i hate to go to the school reunion, because i am in such a poor case.
我讨厌参加同学会,因为我的处境是如此地狼狈。
7. i almost forgot that today is our 20-year reunion.
我差点忘了今天是我们的20周年的同学会。
温馨浪漫婚礼
dialogue
it's the wedding of maggie.
这是在麦琪的婚礼现场。
maggie: hi, julie, sarah, i'm so glad you take part in our wedding.
麦琪:嗨,朱莉、莎拉,真高兴你们来参加我们的婚礼。
julie: you are really beautiful today. many congratulations on your happy marriage!
朱莉:你今天真漂亮。祝你们幸福!
maggie: thank you! i'm sorry, but i have to entertain other guests. please help yourselves.
麦琪:谢谢!很抱歉,我还要去招待其他的客人。请自便。
julie: ok, go ahead.
朱莉:好的,你去忙吧。
sarah: oh, julie, it's really a wonderful wedding, isn't it?
莎拉:哦,朱莉,这真是个很棒的婚礼,不是吗?
julie: yeah, it's very great. i think today maggie is the most beautiful and happiest bride in the world.
朱莉:是呀,非常棒。我觉得今天麦琪是世界上最美丽、最幸福的新娘。
sarah: yes, her husband is all in all to her and very considerate. the bride and bridegroom's vows are quite moving. it seems that they are the most perfect match.
莎拉:嗯,他的丈夫很爱她,也很体贴。新郎新娘的结婚誓言也很感人。他们简直是天作之合。
julie: what about you and your boyfriend? when will you get married?
朱莉:那么你和你的男朋友呢?你们什么时候结婚?
sarah: we've been dating for over 5 years.but we haven't decided when to get married.
莎拉:我们已经恋爱5年了,但是我们还没决定什么时候结婚。
julie: ok, i'm looking forward to attending your wedding.
朱莉:哦,我也很期待参加你们的婚礼呢。
1...2425262728...54
猜你喜欢