您当前位置:首页  >  综合其他

毕业之后还要上的10堂英语课

时间:2023-05-28  来源:  作者:李文昊
4. at firs 最初,起先,刚开始时
5. track [tr?k] n. 轨道,跑道;踪迹,小路;v. 追踪,跟踪
小贴士
1. i'm sorry i didn't call first.
对不起,来之前我没先打个电话。
2. how nice of you toe!
你能来太好了!
也可以这样说:
thank you foring.
3. please feel free to make yourself at home.
别客气,像在自己家一样。
也可以这样说:
make yourself at home.
4. would you like something to drink?
你想喝点什么?
也可以这样说:
would you care for something to drink?
what would you like to drink?
5. i'd better get going now.
我得告辞了。
也可以这样说:
i have to leave now.
i must be going now.
6. thanks so much for inviting me today.
非常感谢你今天的盛情招待。
也可以这样说:
i really appreciate all of your hospitality.
7. drop by at any time.
欢迎随时来访。
也可以这样说:
 e and visit anytime.
feel free toe to visit me any time.
切记保持联络
dialogue
after the revelry in karl's home, susan has got to run.
在卡尔家狂欢后,苏珊要走了。
susan: karl, i had a great time tonight, but it's getting late. i'd better go.
苏珊:卡尔,我今晚玩得很愉快,但是现在太晚了,我得走了。
karl: no, not so soon. can't you stay any longer?
卡尔:不,不要急着走啊。不能再待会儿吗?
susan: i'm afraid not, and i am a little tired,too. time to call it a night for me.
苏珊:恐怕不能,而且我也有点累了。今晚就玩到这吧。
karl: all right. i can't stop you if you are set on going.
卡尔:好吧。如果你决意要走,我也留不住你啊。
susan: well, thanks so much for inviting me today. i had a rorty time. goodbye.
苏珊:非常感谢你今天邀请我。我玩得很尽兴。再见。
karl: goodbye, susan. thank you very much foring. hope to see you again. i'll miss you!
卡尔:再见,苏珊。非常感谢你能来。希望能再次见面。我会想你的!
susan: i'll miss you, too. so long! do remember staying in touch.
苏珊:我也会想你的。再见。一定要记得保持联络哟。
karl: i will. take care!
卡尔:我会的。保重!
notes
1. be set on 决心要(一心想,专心于)
2. rorty ['r?:ti] adj. 有趣的;喜欢玩乐和刺激的;(人声)喧闹的
3. stay in touch 保持联系
小贴士
表示“保持联系”的短语:
keep in touch
stay in touch
keep up with
keep in contact with sb.
stay in contact with sb.
be in touch
liaise with sb.
师恩永记在心头
dialogue
one of julie and shirley's head teachers has retired this year. tomorrow is teachers' day. they are discussing how to express their gratitude to her.
朱莉和雪莉的一个班主任今年退休了。明天是教师节,她们在讨论着该怎样表达她们对老师的感激之情。
julie: hey, shirley. do you remember our head teacher in senior high school?
朱莉:嘿,雪莉。你还记得我们高中时的班主任吗?
shirley: of course. she helped me a lot that time.
雪莉:当然记得,她那时候帮助了我很多。
julie: she has just retired this year. i think we should have time to pay a visit to her. we have graduated from high school for almost six years, but we rarely call in her.
朱莉:她今年刚退休。我认为我们应该抽空去看看她。我们高中毕业都将近6年了,却很少去看她。
shirley: yes, i will never forget her humor and kindness. tomorrow happens to be teachers' day. maybe we can visit her and send her a present tomorrow.
雪莉:是呀,我永远不会忘记她的幽默和慈爱的。明天恰巧是教师节。也许我们可以明天去拜访她,送她一份礼物。
julie: oh, i almost forgot it. i would give her a call on teachers' day before. what present are we going to send to her?
朱莉:噢,我差点忘了。我以前每到教师节都会给她打个电话的。我们给老师送什么礼物啊?
shirley: flowers. i remember she likes lilies best. we can buy her some lilies and baby's breath.
雪莉:送花吧。我记得她最喜欢百合花。我们就买些百合和满天星吧。
julie: good idea. let's have a bunch of flowers reserved.
朱莉:好主意。现在就去订一束吧。
notes
1. senior ['si:nj?] adj. 地位较高的,高级的;年长的;资深的;n. 上司;年长者,长辈;大四学生
2. rarely ['r??li] adv. 很少,难得
3. for ever 永远
4. lily ['lili] n. 百合花;adj. 纯白的
5. baby's breath 满天星
6. a bunch of 一束;一群,一伙;很多
小贴士
1. your lessons are still the one that helps me; your words are still fresh and warm; you've swayed my life so deeply. you're still my best teacher for ever.
您的教诲我至今仍受益良多,言犹在耳,深深影响了我。您是我最敬爱的老师。
2. you are a special person in my life. we all love you, sir!
您是我生命中很特别的一个人。我们都敬爱您,老师!
3. i'm more thankful than i can express.
对您的谢意,我无法用语言来表达。
4. i am sincerely grateful to you for what you have done.
我真诚地感激您所做的一切。
5. you are like a third parent. we all love you and respect you.
您就像我们的家长,我们都很敬爱您。
6. send you our everlasting feeling of gratefulness and thankfulness on this special day. happy teachers' day!
在这特别的日子谨向您致以我们无尽的感激之情。祝您教师节快乐!





毕业之后还要上的10堂英语课 04 左邻右舍
04 左邻右舍
结识新邻
dialogue
a new neighbor moves in yesterday. susan decides to visit her today.
昨天刚搬来一个新邻居。苏珊决定今天去拜访一下。
susan: hi, i'm your neighbor. my name is susan.
苏珊:嗨,我是你的邻居,我叫苏珊。
julie: hi, susan. i'm julie. nice to meet you.
朱莉:嗨,苏珊。我是朱莉。很高兴见到你。
susan: nice to meet you, too.
苏珊:我也非常高兴见到你。
julie: pleasee in. i just moved into the neighborhood yesterday.
朱莉:请进。我昨天刚搬过来的。
susan: wee to the neighborhood. i didn't realize that this house was bought so quickly. my last neighbor moved out a short time ago.
苏珊:欢迎你!我还没意识到这个房子这么快已经被转手了。我的上一个邻居前不久刚搬走。
julie: i saw the house and just fell in love with it. it was impossible to pass up.
朱莉:我一看到这个房子就喜欢上了,不容错过。
susan: i'm living next door, if you need any help or anything, pleasee to me.
苏珊:我就住在隔壁,如果你需要任何东西或帮助,都可以来找我。
julie: that's good. it's so kind of you. by the way, is there any supermarket in our neighborhood?
朱莉:太好了,你真好。顺便问一下,我们社区里有超市吗?
susan: of course. there is a large shopping plaza near the neighborhood. i just need to buy something, so we can go together.
苏珊:当然有了,在我们社区附近有个超大的购物广场。我正好需要买些东西,一块去吧。
julie: great! let's go.
朱莉:太棒了!走吧。
notes
1. move out 搬出
2. a short time ago 不久以前
3. pass up 放过(机会);放弃;拒绝
4. next door 隔壁;在隔壁
5. neighborhood [?neib?hud] n. 四邻,街坊;邻近地区,附近
6. shopping plaza 商场,购物广场
小贴士
怎样和喜欢的邻居成为好朋友:
1. host a party
举办一个派对
2. spark up a conversation frequently
经常主动搭话
3. organize a block party
组织一个街区派对
4. generous in giving help
乐于助人
5. do not make loud noise
不要制造噪音
6. do not haggle over every ounce
不要斤斤计较
邻里矛盾很正常
dialogue
jerry's new neighbors often hold a party in their house and often play to the late night.jerry suffers a lot.
杰瑞的新邻居经常在家里举行聚会,玩到深夜。杰瑞深受其害。
karl: hey, jerry. how do you get along with your new neighbors recently?
卡尔:嘿,杰瑞。最近你和新邻居相处得怎么样?
jerry: don't mention it. they play music really really loud from early in the morning to late at night. last night they had their music turned on so loud that i finally just flipped out and yelled at them.
杰瑞:别提了。他们从早到晚不停地演奏音乐,简直是吵死了。昨晚他们把声音开得特别大,我简直气疯了,就对他们大吼了起来。
karl: why can't you talk with them in a placid mood? they probably aren't even aware that they are causing problems to their neighbors.
卡尔:为什么你不心平气和地和他们谈呢?
他们可能没意识到打扰到了邻居。
jerry: i have before. but they didn't care about that. they said they were craabout music, and that no one could stop them chasing dreams. i really don't like toplain to my neighbor, but it was so loud that my windows were shaking.
杰瑞:我以前和他们谈过。但是他们不在意。他们说他们酷爱音乐,没有人能阻止他们追求音乐的梦想。我并不想抱怨我的邻居,但实在是太吵了,甚至我家的窗户都在震动。
karl: i can understand your sufferings.
卡尔:我能理解你遭受的痛苦。
jerry: i couldn't sleep with the noise, and i suffer from migraines recently. i really don't know what i should do. if this continues, i have to call the police.
杰瑞:噪音吵得我睡不着,最近我又偏头痛。我真是黔驴技穷了。如果还这样的话,我只能让警察来解决了。
notes
1. turn on 打开,发动;取决于;使兴奋
2. flip ou 精神错乱,发疯
3. yell [jel] v. / n. 大叫,大喊
4. in a placid mood 心平气和
5. placid ['pl?sid] adj. 平静的,宁静的;温和的
6. chase [t?eis] v. / n. 追捕;追求;争取;驱逐;狩猎
7. suffering ['s?f?ri?] n. 痛苦,受难
8. migraine ['maigrein] n. 偏头疼
小贴士
how to get along with the unlovely neighbors?
home is your sanctuary. how you get along with your neighbors really plays a large part in your health wellbeing and happiness. then how to deal with those unlovely neighbors? if your neighbor often plays music and holds a party until the late night, how to ask him not to? you can bring it up to your neighbors' attention and they will be more than happy to reduce the trouble to you. you could say something like “i'm really a light sleeper or i suffer from migraines. can you help me out by turning down the music during those evening hours?” or you maye up with apromise that works for both of you.
1...2728293031...54
猜你喜欢