您当前位置:首页  >  综合其他

毕业之后还要上的10堂英语课

时间:2023-05-28  来源:  作者:李文昊
怎样和不讨人喜欢的邻居相处?
家是你的庇护所。和邻居相处得如何对你的健康安宁和幸福起着举足轻重的作用。那么怎样和那些讨人嫌的邻居相处呢?如果你的邻居经常演奏音乐、聚会到很晚,你怎样让他停止呢?你可以把这些问题提出来,引起邻居的注意,他们会乐于尽量减少对你的困扰的。你可以说“我睡觉很容易醒或者我有偏头痛。你能帮帮忙晚上把声音关小点吗?”或者你可以和邻居达成双方都能接受的协议。
远亲不如近邻
dialogue
sue is preparing a birthday party for her husband. her neighbor katherinees to drop in her.
苏正在为他的先生准备生日聚会。她的邻居凯瑟琳过来拜访她。
sue: oh, katherine. pleasee in. i'm sorry. here is a fearful mess!
苏:噢,凯瑟琳。请进。很抱歉,这里简直是一团糟。
katherine: sue, what are you doing now?
凯瑟琳:苏,你在忙什么呢?
sue: today is my husband's birthday. i want to give him a surprise, so i must get everything ready before he gets home. i'm sorry for having no time to entertain you.
苏:今天是我先生的生日。我想给他一个惊喜,所以我必须在他回家之前把一切都准备好。很抱歉没时间招呼你。
katherine: never mind. what can i do to help you out?
凯瑟琳:没关系。我能帮你什么吗?
sue: that's very kind of you. can you give me a hand to pass me those balloons?
苏:你真是太好了。能帮忙把那些气球递给我吗?
katherine: no problem. here you are.
凯瑟琳:没问题。给你。
sue: thank you. you do me a big favor.
苏:谢谢你帮了我一个大忙。
katherine: that was a cake walk. it's nothing to speak of.
凯瑟琳:小事一桩。不值一提。
notes
1. fearful ['fi?f?l] adj.担心的;可怕的;非常的
2. entertain [?ent?'tein] v. 娱乐,使有兴趣;招待;考虑;抱有;容纳
3. balloon [b?'lu:n] n. 气球,球状物;v. 使膨胀
4. a cake walk 很容易的事
小贴士
1. water afar can't quench fire, and a good neighbor is better than a brother far off.
远水难救近火,远亲不如近邻。
2. neighbors ought to respect one another.
邻里之间应该互相尊重。
3. would you like our assistance with a move?
你需要我们帮忙搬家吗?
4. could i have a ride to mypany?
我可以搭便车到公司吗?
5. when my mother fell in a faint in the neighborhood, it's our neighbor who sent her to hospital immediately.
当母亲在附近晕倒时,是我们的邻居立刻把她送进了医院。
6. we should live in peace and keep fair with our neighbors.
我们应该同邻居和睦相处,保持友好关系。
7. love your neighbors as yourself.
爱邻居犹如爱自己。
好借好还
dialogue
tom's mower is out of work. he wants to borrow one from his neighbor maggie.
汤姆的割草机坏掉了。他想从邻居麦琪那里借一个。
tom: hello, is there anyone in the room?
汤姆:你好,有人在家吗?
maggie: yes. oh, tom, can i be of any help to you?
麦琪:是的。哦,汤姆,有什么事吗?
tom: my lawn mower is out of order. could i borrow yours?
汤姆:我的割草机坏了。我能借用一下你的吗?
maggie: of course. please just wait for a short moment. it's in our storage. here you are.
麦琪:当然可以。请稍等,割草机在库房里。给你。
tom: thank you. i'll give it back as soon as i finish mowing the lawn in my garden.
汤姆:谢谢。我一割完花园里的草就还给你。
maggie: take your time.
麦琪:不急。
(an hour later)
(一小时后)
tom: thanks to your mower, my garden looks tidier and more beautiful now. thank you. here is your mower.
汤姆:多亏了你的割草机,我的花园现在看起来整齐漂亮多了。谢谢。这是你的割草机。
maggie: my pleasure.
麦琪:别客气。
tom: oh, i do not want to intrude since you are so busy. bye-bye.
汤姆:哦,既然你那么忙,我就不打扰你了。再见。
maggie: bye-bye.
麦琪:再见。
notes
1. lawn [l?:n] n. 草坪,草地;n. 上等细麻布
2. mower ['m?u?] n. 割草机;割草人
3. out of order 无次序的,混乱的;有毛病的,出故障的
4. storage ['st?:rid?] n. 保管,贮藏;仓库;保管费; 计 存储器
5. take your time 从容做,不慌不忙
6. intrude [in'tru:d] v. 闯入,侵入;打扰;干涉
小贴士
当你向别人借钱时可以说 & can i bum some money off you?& 或者 & could you oblige me with some money?& & may i borrow a little mean green?& (借给我点钱,好吗?)如果你不想借给别人钱,但又不好意思拒绝,可以说 & i think i can swing that.& (我想我应该能借给你一些吧。)如果你不想借给别人钱,可以说 & i'm flat broke.& & i have neither cross nor pile.& & i have not a penny.& (我身无分文)。





毕业之后还要上的10堂英语课 01 个人爱好
第六堂
休闲娱乐
01 个人爱好
上网冲浪我最爱
dialogue
may is sending the e-mail to confi rm the order. but suddenly, theputer crashed.
梅正在向客户发电子邮件确认订单的事情,突然,电脑死机了。
may: oh, my god! john, what's going on with myputer? could you have a look for me?
梅:哦,天哪!约翰,快来帮我看看我的电脑怎么了。
john: oh! yourputer got a virus.
约翰:噢!你的电脑中病毒了。
may: what a bad news. i haven't saved the file and all information about my work is in it. damn it!
梅:这可真糟糕。我的邮件还没有保存,所有的工作资料都在上面,真要命!
john: don't you have the backups?
约翰:你没有备份吗?
may: seriously, no! i can not do anything withoutputer.
梅:说真的,没有。没了电脑我什么也做不了。
john: what you are saying is too exaggerating. you just mean you cannot live withoutputer?
约翰:你说的也太夸张了。你的意思是说没有电脑你就不能生活了?
may: yeah. i often use theputer chat with friends, watch films and play online games. now, online shopping is bing my favorite.
梅:是啊。我经常用电脑上网聊天、看电影、玩游戏,现在网购又成了我的最大爱好。
john: i got to say, you have be an indoorsgirl.
约翰:不得不说,你成了标准的宅女。
may: ha-ha, i love the internet.
梅:哈哈,我爱上网。
notes
1. damn it 真见鬼,真要命
2. got to say 不得不说,必须说
小贴士
how to protect online shopping from being taken in?
网购如何预防上当?
step 1. choose a regular and well-known website.
选择正规的、知名的网站。
step 2. when choosing sellers, to see its reputation and sales volume.
选择一些信誉较好,销售量较大的卖家。
step 3. do not use internet banking to pay but to choose alipay.
不要使用网上银行直接付账,而要采用支付宝等支付平台进行交易。
我为集邮狂
dialogue
dola is the front desk and in charge of the administrative work.
多拉是公司的前台,负责行政类的工作。
dola: roly,e here. here is a letter for you.
多拉:罗里,来一下,这儿有你的一封信。
roly: it's a letter of thanks from a consumer.
罗里:这是客户寄来的感谢信。
dola: wait a minute, roly, could you give me the stamp on the envelope? it's my taste.
多拉:等一等,罗里,你能把上面的邮票送给我吗?我很喜欢。
roly: are you collecting the stamps?
罗里:你集邮吗?
dola: yeah. i love collecting stamps. it's very interesting. they witness the development of the country. looking at these stamps is like reading the history.
多拉:是的。我喜欢收集邮票,这很有意思。邮票见证了一个国家的发展历程,看着这些邮票,就好像是在品读历史一样。
roly: sounds really meaningful. well, now it belongs to you.
罗里:听上去还真有意义。那好吧,这张邮票就送你了。
dola: thank you! by the way, you're handsome today.
多拉:谢谢你!顺便说一下,你今天真帅。
roly: oh, you are a quite smooth talker!
罗里:噢,你真会说话。
dola: i want to buy a set of newly issued stamps. would you go with me after work?
多拉:我想买一套最近新发行的邮票,下班之后,你能陪我去一起去吗?
roly: no problem. always with pleasure at the beauty's service.
罗里:当然。能为美女效劳,乐意之极。
notes
1. envelope ['env?l?up] n. 信封
2. witness ['witnis] v. 证明;见证
3. at sb.'s service 为某人效劳
小贴士
the classification of stamps
邮票的分类
definitive stamp 普通邮票(普通邮票既是最古老又是最为常见的邮票种类。购买普通邮票是交纳邮费的一种方式。普通邮票面值齐全,发行量大,票幅较小,图案比较固定。往往多次印刷。)
 memorative stamp 纪念邮票(纪念邮票是为某一事件或场合特别发行的邮票。纪念邮票主要面向的是收藏者,通常票幅比较大,设计印刷精致,图案丰富,不允许重印,有特定的发售期限。)
special stamp 特种邮票(为宣传特定事物而发行的邮票,基本上只要不是普通邮票和纪念邮票的邮票都属于此类,范围比纪念邮票更加广泛。)
welfare stamp 福利邮票(又称附捐邮票,是为福利、健康、赈灾、慈善等事业而发行的邮票。其面值分为两部分,一是邮资本身,二是附捐金额。世界最早的附捐邮票是1897年澳大利亚新南威尔士州发行的1便士邮票,其售价比邮票面值高12倍,多余的金额即用于捐赠。)
official stamp 公务邮票(公务邮票是政府机关单位用于支付公务邮件所使用的邮票。因此在一般邮局是不会看到有公务邮票出售的,而且它们也不能用于普通邮寄。)
airmail stamp 航空邮票(专为邮寄航空信件而使用的邮票。这种邮票一般都印有“航空邮票”字样和飞机图案。)
postage due stamp 签字邮票(是寄信人在寄信时未贴邮票或未贴足邮票,邮局发现后加贴的补收邮资的凭证,由收件人交纳邮费。欠资邮票不能作为邮资预付的凭证,邮局也不销售。)
e-stamp 电子邮票(根据邮资大小,由自动贩卖机打印不同面值所出售的邮票,又称自动化邮票。这种邮票无齿孔,无背胶,有的上下两边各有两个半圆形凹槽。)
棋牌最益智
dialogue
after work, simon and terry agree on meeting in the chess room of theirpany. now they are talking about chess.
下班后,西蒙和特里相约去公司的棋牌室。路上,他们谈起了象棋。
simon: speaking of chess, which one do you prefer, chess or chinese chess?
西蒙:说起象棋,你比较喜欢中国象棋还是国际象棋?
terry: for my part, i prefer chinese chess. there is a saying that “love me, love my dog”. my girlfriend is chinese.
特里:我嘛,当然更喜欢中国象棋。人家都说爱屋及乌,因为我的女朋友是中国人。
simon: really? are you good at it? i heard that chinese chess is very interesting. unfortunately i can't play.
西蒙:是吗?那你是高手吗?我一直觉得中国象棋很有意思,可是我不会。
terry: i myself am a rookie, too. to be honest, chinese chess is easier than chess. but the pieces are allowed a larger space. in china, there are many people playing chinese chess, so it's easy to find a teacher.
特里:我还是菜鸟啦。说实话,相对于国际象棋而言,中国象棋要容易得多,但是棋子的活动空间很大。在中国,下象棋的人很多,很容易找到老师的。
simon: you are right. i often see many eldly people playing chinese chess beside the road.
西蒙:是啊。我经常在马路边上看见许多老年人在下象棋。
terry:monly, the game between two masters can also make spectators nervous. you must keep thinking all the time to guarantee that you will not lose.
1...2829303132...54
猜你喜欢