您当前位置:首页  >  综合其他

毕业之后还要上的10堂英语课

时间:2023-05-28  来源:  作者:李文昊
jack: take some pills just in case.
杰克:随身带点药,有备无患。
albert: yeah, thank you for reminding me,jack.
艾伯特:对,多谢提醒,杰克。
notes
1. check [t?ek] v. 检查,核对
2. luggage [?l?gid?] n. 行李
3. necessity [ni?sesiti] n. 必要(性),(迫切)需要;必需品;自然规律
4. umbrella [?m?brel?] n.(雨)伞
5. remind [ri?maind] v. 使想起,提醒
小贴士
1. don't forget to take the camera.
不要忘了带相机。
2. this sportswear fits me well for climbing the mountain.
这件运动服很适合我登山时穿。
3. i think we need a larger backpack. this one is too small to carry the necessities for travelling.
我想我们需要一个更大一点的背包。这个太小了,装不下我们的旅行物品。
4. there are too many changes of clothes in the box. two suits are enough.
箱子里的换洗衣服太多了。两套衣服就足够了。
5. the luggage is ready, waiting for the start.
行李都准备好了,等待出发。
6. i can't remember the password to open the lock on my travelling case.
我忘了旅行箱上面的开锁密码。
订购车票
dialogue
lawrence is in the ticket lobby. he wants to book a ticket to shanghai.
劳伦斯正在售票厅。他想订一张到上海的火车票。
lawrence: excuse me, i want to book a train ticket.
劳伦斯:你好,我想订一张火车票。
clerk: ok, where are you going?
售票员:好的。您要去哪里?
lawrence: i'm going to shanghai.
劳伦斯:上海。
clerk: which day do you want to book?
售票员:您要订哪一天的车票?
lawrence: july 8th.
劳伦斯:7月8号。
clerk: ok, let me check for you… beijing west railway station has a train at 8 o'clock p.m. to shanghai.
售票员:好的,我帮您查一下……北京西站有一班晚上8点开往上海的火车。
lawrence: good. how much is it?
劳伦斯:很好。票价多少?
clerk: one hundred and fifty yuan.
售票员:150元整。
lawrence: here you are.
劳伦斯:给你。
clerk: here's your ticket and the change. have a good trip!
售票员:这是您的火车票和零钱。祝您旅途愉快!
lawrence: thank you.
劳伦斯:谢谢。
clerk: you are wee.
售票员:不客气。
notes
1. book [buk] v. 预订;n. 书,书籍;账簿
2. ticket [?tikit] n. 票,车票
3. check [t?ek] v. 检查,核对
4. change [t?eind?] n. 零钱,找回的钱;改变,变化;v. 改变,改换,变化;换衣服;换车
小贴士
1. i want to book a ticket to beijing.
我想订一张去北京的票。
2. we need to buy the ticket three days in advance.
我们需要提前3天把票买好。
3. which one do you like to choose, soft berth or hard berth?
您要选择哪一种,软卧还是硬卧?
4. what's the price for a hard seat?
一张硬座票需要多少钱?
5. be careful of your luggage when buying the ticket.
买票时要照看好自己的行李。
6. what a long line it is in front of the station! it would take several hours to buy a ticket.
车站前排了这么长的队!买一张票会花上几个小时的时间。





毕业之后还要上的10堂英语课 02 交通
02 交通
速度快还数飞机
dialogue
blake is going to take a business trip tomorrow morning.
布莱克明天早上要出差。
anna: when will you leave for the business trip, blake?
安娜:你什么时候出差,布莱克?
blake: tomorrow morning.
布莱克:明天早上。
anna: how will you get there, by train or by air?
安娜:你怎么去呢?搭火车还是飞机?
blake: by air. i have bought a plane ticket.
布莱克:搭飞机。我已经买过机票了。
anna: the price of the plane ticket must be very high. i think it would be cheaper by train.
安娜:机票的价格一定很高。坐火车应该会便宜一点。
blake: plane is much faster than train. it just takes a few hours from beijing to guangzhou.
布莱克:飞机比火车要快得多。从北京到广州只用几个小时就到了。
anna: hmm, it's really fast. if by train, it would take almost a day and a night to get there.
安娜: 嗯,确实很快,如果坐火车的话,几乎需要一天一夜才能到达。
blake: yes, the faster, the better. and what's more, thepany will reimburse all expenses for my trip.
布莱克:是的,越快越好。更重要的是,公司会报销我这次出差的所有费用。
anna: that's wonderful!
安娜:那好极了!
notes
1. almost [??:lm?ust] adv. 几乎,差不多;差一点;将近
2. reimburse [?ri:im'b?:s] v. 偿还;付还
3. expense [iks'pens] n. 消耗,花费;费用
4. wonderful [?w?nd?ful] adj. 极好的,精彩的,绝妙的
小贴士
1. we'd better go there by air. flying is much faster.
我们最好坐飞机去那儿,飞机要快很多。
2. i always shiver instinctively each time the plane is about to take off.
每次飞机起飞时我通常都会不由自主地发抖。
3. be sure to take your visa and passport before boarding the plane.
登机前要确保已携带签证和护照。
4. i can't buckle the seal belt. could you give a hand, please?
我系不上安全带,请您帮个忙好吗?
5. i don't have any appetite to eat food at the height of 5000 meters above the horizon.
在海拔5000米的高度,我没有一点食欲。
6. i like the feeling to overlook the scenery of the ground on a plane.
我喜欢在飞机上俯瞰地面景色的那种感觉。
火车出行最安全
dialogue
andrew is talking with his girlfriend that he is going to shanghai for a business trip.
安德鲁正在和他女朋友讨论他去上海出差的事。
andrew: i'm going to shanghai for a business trip next week.
安德鲁:我下周要去上海出差。
emily: that's a long way. will you get there by plane or by train?
埃米莉:那路途很远啊。你打算乘飞机还是坐火车?
andrew: i want to get there by train. it's cheaper and safer than plane.
安德鲁:我想坐火车。它比飞机更便宜,更安全。
emily: the plane is also very safe now. there're few accidents happened in recent years.
埃米莉:现在坐飞机也很安全啊。近年来基本没有什么事故发生。
andrew: but i'm still afraid to take a plane. i have the acrophobia.
安德鲁:但我还是很害怕,我有恐高症。
emily: in fact, it's not so awful. it will be ok if you don't look out of the window.
埃米莉:实际上没那么可怕。你不往窗外看就没事了。
andrew: i still can't do it. each time i think about it, my brain just freaks out. moreover,the train is much faster now than the past.
安德鲁:还是不行,一想到做飞机,我就头晕。况且,现在火车的速度也比以前快多了。
emily: oh, i know. have you bought the ticket?
埃米莉:哦,我了解了。你票买好了吗?
andrew: not yet. i'll buy it tomorrow.
安德鲁:还没呢,明天就去买。
notes
1. accident [??ksid?nt] n. 意外遭遇,事故;机遇;命运,造化
2. acrophobia [??kr?'f?ubi?] n. 恐高症
3. awful [??:ful] adj. 糟糕的,可怕的;惊人的;非常的,极大的
4. freak [fri:k] v.(使)强烈反应;震惊,畏惧;n. 畸形生物,怪物;反常的事,怪事;有怪癖的人
5. moreover [m?:?r?uv?] adv. 再者,此外,而且
小贴士
1. it is more economical and convenient to get there by train than driving a car.
坐火车去那里比开汽车更经济方便。
2. what's your carriage number?
你在几号车厢?
3. excuse me, is there any ticket to kunming tomorrow morning?
打扰一下,有明天早上去昆明的票吗?
4. wait here for a moment. i'll buy a magazine to spend the dull time on the train.
在这儿等一下。我去买本杂志,用来打发火车上的无聊时光。
5. stay away from the scalper when buying tickets on the train station.
在火车站买票时要远离黄牛党。
6. we need to hurry up. the train is about to start.
我们要快点,火车就要开了。
方便出行坐汽车
dialogue
mary plans a trip to chengdu.
玛丽打算到成都旅行。
john: hey, mary, how do you get to chengdu next week?
约翰:嘿,玛丽,你下周怎么去成都?
mary: i'm not sure yet. i may take the train,but then again i may take the bus.
玛丽:我还不确定呢。我可能坐火车,也可能坐汽车去。
john: i think bus would be a better choice.you can go directly to chengdu from our city by bus.
约翰:我认为坐汽车会是个不错的选择。你可以从我们城市直接坐汽车到成都。
mary: and what about train?
玛丽:那火车呢?
john: it is not very convenient by train. and there are always too many people on the train.
约翰:坐火车不是很方便。况且,火车上经常人满为患。
mary: is the price of bus ticket expensive?
玛丽:汽车票贵吗?
john: it's a little higher than train. while taking all things into consideration, it is still the best way to get chengdu.
约翰:比火车票稍微贵一点。不过如果把所有东西都考虑进去的话,那是到成都最好的方式了。
mary: really? maybe i'll take a bus then. thank you, john.
玛丽:真的? 那也许我就坐汽车了。谢谢你,约翰。
john: my pleasure.
约翰:不用谢。
notes
1. choice [t??is] n. 选择,挑选;供选择的东西
2. directly [di?rektli] adv. 直接地,径直地;直爽地;立即,很快地;conj. 一……就……
3. convenient [k?n?vi:ni?nt] adj. 方便的,便利的;合适的;附近的
4. consideration [k?n?sid??rei??n] n. 体贴,关心;考虑;要考虑的事
小贴士
1. do you have any extra money? my money is not enough to buy the bus ticket?
你有多余的钱吗?我的钱不够买汽车票。
2. it is more convenient to go to that small town by bus.
去那个小镇坐汽车更方便一些。
3. it's quicker to go there by train than by bus.
乘火车到那儿比坐汽车更快。
4. i hitched a ride to get here from my hometown.
我从家乡一路搭便车过来的。
5. a car trip would be an exciting thing for sure.
汽车旅行一定会是件非常令人兴奋的事。
6. we can see more beautiful sceneries along the trip by bus than by train.
比起坐火车,坐汽车能欣赏到更多的沿途美景。
你打到出租车了吗?
dialogue
owen went to beijing on business. he just came out from the airport.
欧文到北京出差,他刚从机场出来。
owen: hi, taxi!
欧文:嗨,出租车!
driver: yes, sir. where to?
司机:先生,您去哪儿?
1...3637383940...54
猜你喜欢