店员:如果您一次消费满200元的话,就可以办理一张会员卡。下次您来这里消费的时候,就会享受8折优惠。
april: that's good. well, i think i can get one now, right?
艾普丽尔:挺不错。那我现在可以办一张了吧?
seller: sure, could you register and sign your name here?
店员:当然,请登记一下,然后签个字好吗?
april: is it ok?
艾普丽尔:这样可以吗?
seller: yes, here's your card, please.
店员:是的,这是您的卡。
april: thank you.
艾普丽尔:谢谢。
notes
1. membership [?memb??ip] n. 会员身份,会员资格;全体会员
2. consume [k?n?sju:m] v. 消费;消耗,耗尽
3. once [w?ns] adv. 一次;曾经,昔时;conj. 一旦……就……
小贴士
1. membership card 会员卡
会员制服务是现在流行的一种服务管理模式,它可以提高顾客的回头率,提高顾客对企业的忠诚度。很多的服务行业都采取这样的服务模式,会员制的形式多数都表现为会员卡。一个公司发行的会员卡相当于公司的名片,在会员卡上可以印刷公司的标志或者图案,为公司形象作宣传,是公司进行广告宣传的理想载体。同时发行会员卡还能起到吸引新顾客,留住老顾客,增强顾客忠诚度的作用,并能实现打折、积分、客户管理等功能,是一种确实可行的增加效益的途径。
2. please help me check the points that have accumulated in my membership card.
请帮我查一下我会员卡里的积分。
3. how can i apply for a membership card in your store?
我怎么样才能办一张你们店里的会员卡?
4. the more points in your card, the more discounts you will enjoy.
会员卡里的积分越多,您享受到的折扣就越多。
5. i forget to take my card today. can i still enjoy the discount? for i'm an old customer here.
我今天忘带会员卡了,还可以享受折扣吗?我是这里的老顾客了。
6. you will enjoy a discount of 20% with your card.
下次您来这里消费的时候,就会享受8折优惠。
(enjoy a discount of 20%指享受8折优惠,8折优惠就是打原价20%的折扣,不说enjoy a discount of 80%。)
优惠券,大优惠
dialogue
kane wants to buy a laptop and now he is bargaining with the seller.
凯恩想买台笔记本电脑,现在他正在和店员讨价还价。
kane: this laptop is overpriced. i want to buy it if there's a cheaper price.
凯恩:这台笔记本太贵了。再便宜一点吧。
seller: sorry, sir. we never overcharge. it is a fair price as a new type in this brand.
店家:对不起,先生。我们从不漫天要价。对于这种牌子的新品来说,价格相当公道。
kane: is there any discount on this laptop now?
凯恩:这台电脑现在有折扣吗?
seller: no, sir. how about the lenovo series? there's a promotion of lenovo. it's on sale now.
店家:没有,先生。联想系列的怎么样?联想品牌在搞促销,现在降价出售。
kane: how much of this silver grey one?
凯恩:这台银灰色的什么价位?
seller: what a great taste you have! it's 3500 yuan. this laptop is excellent. also you'll enjoy a coupon for the promotion.
店家:您真有品味。这台是3500元。这台笔记本相当出色,而且现在在搞促销,您还会享受一张优惠券。
kane: how long is the warranty?
凯恩:保修期是多长时间?
seller: one year. the maintenance store location and telephone numbers are on the warranty card.
店家:一年。保修卡上有维修地点和电话。
kane: ok, i'll take this one.
凯恩:好的,就要这台了。
notes
1. overprice [??uv??prais] v. 将……标价过高,索价过高
2. overcharge [??uv??t?ɑ:d?] v. 对……要价过高;n. 过高的要价
3. silver [?silv?] n. 银;adj. 银色的,银制的;像银的
4. coupon [?ku:p?n] n. 礼券,优惠券订货单;参赛表
小贴士
1. this coupon is just valid during the promotion.
这张优惠券仅在促销活动期间有效。
2. are there any coupons available in the market?
商场有推出优惠券吗?
3. the coupon is a great chance for me to buy that toy bear.
这张优惠券正好可以用来买那只玩具熊。
4. the coupons are very popular now as a way of attracting customers.
优惠券作为一种吸引顾客的方式,现在非常流行。
5. i got a coupon of kfc today. let's enjoy the fast food when we finish our work.
我今天得到了一张肯德基的优惠券。我们完成工作后去享受快餐吧。
毕业之后还要上的10堂英语课 03 购物地点 03 购物地点
偌大商场逛不停
dialogue
mary and nancy want to look around in a mall.
玛丽和南希打算到一家购物中心逛逛。
mary: slow down, nancy. i'm so tired that i'm going to fall apart.
玛丽:走慢点,南希。我累得都快要散架了。
nancy:e on. tomorrow i will act as the bridesmaid at my friend's wedding. i want to make myself up and show a new different appearance to others.
南希:快点。明天我要在我朋友婚礼上做伴娘。我想把自己好好打扮一番,让其他人都眼前一亮。
mary: oh…so that's why you asked me to help you shop for new clothes?
玛丽:哦……所以你才拉我来帮你买衣服?
nancy: yeah. you know about style and can tell me what looks good.
南希:嗯,你知道什么流行,也知道什么好看。
mary: you can count on me. hey, how about this skirt? it goes with your figure very well.
玛丽:相信我没错的。嘿!这件裙子怎么样?和你的身材很般配。
nancy: really? you're the boss. i'll take this one.
南希:真的吗?你说了算。就要这个了。
mary: i think you need some cosmetics to powder your face and you also should change a new hairstyle.
玛丽:我想你还需要一些化妆品来化下妆,再换一个新发型吧。
nancy: great idea. the cosmetics are on the third floor. let's get there.
南希:好棒的主意。化妆品在三楼。我们去那儿吧。
mary: i'm feeling tired. let's take the elevator.
玛丽:我累了,我们去坐电梯吧。
notes
1. bridesmaid [?braidzmeid] n. 女傧相,伴娘
2. appearance [??pi?r?ns] n. 外观;外貌,外表;出现,露面
3. figur [?fig?] n.身材;轮廓;肖像;数字;v. 被提及,计算在内;估计,料想
4. cosmetic [k?z?metik] n. 化妆品;adj. 化妆用的,美容的;装点门面的
5. elevator [?eliveit?] n. 电梯,升降机
6. powder [?paud?] v. 在……上面搽粉,上妆;n. 粉,粉末
小贴士
1. the environment of this mall is really nice.
这个购物中心的环境真不错。
2. there are a crowd of people in the shop near the corner. let's go to have a look at what goods are being sold.
拐角附近的那家商店人很多,我们过去看看在卖什么。
3. today i have gone shopping for a whole day with my friends.
今天我和朋友逛街逛了一整天。
4. i bought many cheap things in the outlet at the shopping center.
今天我在购物中心的清仓大卖场里买了很多便宜东西。
5. after the shopping, i found that i had spent most of the savings i have saved for months.
逛完街后,我发现我把自己几个月来存的钱差不多花光了。
6. let's go to the cashier to pay for these goods.
我们去收银台结账吧。
鲜花朵朵
dialogue
chinese valentine's day ising.
七夕到了。
tom: jack, what do you want to do today?
汤姆:杰克,今天你准备做什么呢?
jack: why are you asking me for that? is that any special today?
杰克:为什么这么问我呢?今天有什么特殊的吗?
tom: yeah, of course. today is july 7th in chinese lunar year. it's chinese valentine's day.
汤姆:是的,当然。今天是农历7月7日,中国的情人节。
jack: oh, i almost forget about this. so, what will you do with your girlfriend, tom?
杰克:噢,我差点忘了。那么,你今天要和女朋友做什么呢,汤姆?
tom: i want to go to the flower shop to buy a bunch of roses for mary.
汤姆:我想去花店买束玫瑰送给玛丽。
jack: good, let's get there together.
杰克:不错,我们一起去吧。
(in the flower shop)
(花店内)
jack: the world of flowers we're in. i want to buy all of them.
杰克:我们进入了花的世界。我想把它们都买下来。
tom:e on, guy. different flowers represent different meanings.
汤姆:别闹了,伙计。不同的花代表着不同的意义。
jack: that's right. how about this bunch of roses?
杰克:是这样。这束玫瑰怎么样?
tom: i think it's very exquisite, nice as a present.
汤姆:我觉得很精美,很适合做礼物。
notes
1. lunar [?lu:n?] adj. 月的,月球的;按阴历的
2. valentine [?v?l?ntain] n. 情人;心爱的人在情人节赠送给情人的礼物(或情人卡)
3. bunch [b?nt?] n. 束;串;捆;群;v.(使)……成束
4. exquisite [?ekskwizit] adj. 精致的,精美的;敏感的,细致的
小贴士
1. chinese valentine's day. 中国情人节,七夕节。
在中国,牛郎织女的传说妇孺皆知。阴历7月7日是牛郎织女相会的日子。于是这一天便成为中国的情人节。西方的情人节是在每年的2月14日,情侣们在这一天互相馈赠礼物,用以表达爱意或友好。
2.e on, guy. 别闹了,伙计。
 e on 是英语口语使用频率颇高的词汇。不同的场合代表不同的意思。主要有表示请求、鼓励、催促、责备、不耐烦、挑战或激怒对方、加油等。
3. could you please pack these flowers?
把这些花包装一下好吗?
4. these flowers are very suitable to decorate our room.
这些花很适合装饰我们的房间。
5. these flowers are enough. we needn't to buy so many.
这些花已经足够了,我们没有必要买那么多。
拿取瓷器要小心
dialogue
brown is on business in china. he wants to buy some souvenirs with chinese feature.
布朗在中国出差。他想买一些有中国特色的纪念品。
seller: can i help you, sir?
店家:我能为您效劳吗,先生?
brown: yes, i'd like to buy some souvenirs with chinese feature. can you give me some suggestions?
布朗:是的,我想要一些有中国特色的纪念品。你能给我一些建议吗?
seller: sure, sir. what do you think of something closely related to the chinese ancient civilization? there are many antiques and chinese paintings here.
店家:当然,先生。你对中国的文物感兴趣吗?这儿有许多古玩和中国画。
brown: good idea.
布朗:好主意。
seller: i rmend you “the four treasures of study” then.
店家:我向您推荐“文房四宝”。
brown: i like some artworks with chinese culture better. that vase is elegant, i think.
布朗:我想我更喜欢一些中国文化的艺术品。我觉得这个花瓶很精致。
seller: yes, the vase is made in jingdezhen, a very famous brand all over the world.
店家:是的,这个花瓶产自景德镇,是全球知名的品牌。
brown: can you take it to me to have a look?
布朗:能拿给我看一下吗?
seller: yes, sir, but please be careful when you hold this. chinaware is fragile.
店家:可以,先生,不过拿时请小心。瓷器很容易破碎。
brown: how can i take it to my home? i'm worrying that it would break into pieces.
布朗:我怎样才能把它带回家呢?我很担心它会碎掉。