您当前位置:首页  >  综合其他

毕业之后还要上的10堂英语课

时间:2023-05-28  来源:  作者:李文昊
乔伊:现在我的脑海里有一副图片。你骑着自行车带着我,走在郊外小路上,小路两旁开满了鲜花。
bill: i can image that. it will be a very brilliant picture. let's choose a good photo studio to make the wonderful ideae true.
比尔:我能想象得到。那将是一张非常出色的照片。我们去选一个不错的影楼,把这个绝妙的想法变成现实。
joy: sure, honey. i'm always of one mind with you.
乔伊:一定,亲爱的。我们总是能想到一块儿。
notes
1. invitation [?invi?tei??n] n. 邀请;请柬,请帖
2. elaborate [i?l?b?rit] adj. 复杂的;精巧的,精心制作的
[i'l?b?reit] v. 详尽说明,详细制定
3. graphic [?gr?fik] adj.绘画的,文字的,图表的;形象的,生动的
4. graphic design 平面设计
5. elegant [?elig?nt] adj. 优美的,文雅的;讲究的;简洁的,简练的
6. brilliant [?brilj?nt] adj. 明亮的;光辉的,辉煌的;聪明的,才华横溢的,卓越的,极好的;(声名)显赫的;n. 宝石,(尤指切割成多面形的)钻石
7. studio [?stju:di?u] n. 播音室,录音室;画室;摄影室,电影摄影棚;制片厂;(艺术家的)工作室
小贴士
结婚周年怎样表达:
paper wedding 纸婚1周年
tin wedding 锡婚2周年
crystal wedding 水晶婚15周年
china wedding 搪瓷婚20周年
silver wedding 银婚25周年
pearl wedding 珍珠婚30周年
ruby wedding 红宝石婚40周年
golden wedding 金婚50周年
diamond wedding 钻石婚60周年
初为人父
dialogue
as a young father, obviously carl doesn't know how to take care of the baby.
作为一个年轻的父亲,卡尔显然不知道怎样照顾婴儿。
carl: linda, our baby had a pee on the bed. youe here to deal with it.
卡尔:琳达,我们的孩子尿床了。你过来处理一下。
linda: doesn't our baby wear any paper diaper?
琳达:孩子难道没有穿纸尿裤吗?
carl: i take a bath for him just now. he doesn't wear anything now.
卡尔:我刚才给他洗了个澡,现在什么都没穿。
linda: oh, how about our bed?
琳达:噢,我们的床怎么样了?
carl: it's all wet now. we need to change a clean bedsheet.
卡尔:现在全湿了。我们需要换一条新床单。
linda: how can you make him piss on the bed? i think you need to have a course of baby care.
琳达:你怎么能让他在床上撒尿?我想你需要去上婴儿护理培训的课程。
carl: i didn't know the baby wanted to have a pee. this is my first time as a father.
卡尔:我不知道他想要撒尿。这是我第一次当爸爸。
linda: ok, i will sign up a training class for you tomorrow.
琳达:好吧,我明天就去帮你报一个培训班。
carl: no, no, no. this kind of class is for mothers, ok? have you seen any man attending this class before?
卡尔:不不不,这种课程是为妈妈们准备的,好吗?你以前见过有男人参加这种课程吗?
linda: but who would take care of our kid if i'm not at home?
琳达:那如果我不在家时谁去照顾我们的孩子?
carl: i have an idea. you resign your job and stay home as a full-time housewife from tomorrow.
卡尔:我有一个想法。从明天开始,你把工作辞了,在家当全职太太好了。
notes
1. pee [pi:] n. 小便,撒尿;v. 小便,去撒尿
2. have a pee 撒尿,小便
3. diaper [?dai?p?] n.(北美)尿布;重复菱形花纹的棉麻织物
4. bath [bɑ:θ] n. 沐浴,洗澡;浴缸;v.(给……)洗澡
5. take a bath 洗澡
6. bedsheet [bed?i:t] n. 床单
7. piss [pis] n. 尿;撒尿;v. 撒尿;倾盆而下
8. resign [ri?zain] v. 辞职;放弃
小贴士
south korea is set to allow up to five days of paternity leave starting next year(in 2012)as an attempt to raise the country's low birth rate. three days are paid leave,and the other two days are unpaid leave. in china, if a wife older than 24 years old gave birth to her first baby, her husband will be entitled to paid leave of 10 days.
韩国将从明年(2012年)开始将“父亲假”延至5天,此举是为了提高韩国的低生育率。其中3天是带薪假期,两天是无薪假期。在中国,如果妻子在24岁后初次生育,丈夫将享有10天的带薪护理假。
无奈的离婚
dialogue
the marriage of andrew and sherry hase to the end.
安德鲁和雪莉的婚姻已经走到尽头了。
andrew: sherry, we shall have a divorce now. i must bring this forward today.
安德鲁:雪莉,我们离婚吧。我今天必须提出来。
sherry: you don't love me any more, is that right?
雪莉:你不再爱我了,对吗?
andrew: sometimes love is not the answer. love can't solve all the problems between us.
安德鲁:有时候爱并不是答案。爱情并不能解决我们之间的所有问题。
sherry: but do you think divorce is good for us? don't you care even a bit about the sentiment between us?
雪莉:但是你认为离婚就对我们好?你难道一点也不在乎我们之间的感情吗?
andrew: but the fact is that we always hold different opinions. sometimes we even quarrel several times in one day. i can't bear it any more.
安德鲁:但事实是我们总是意见不一致。有时我们甚至一天要吵几次架。我再也不能忍受了。
sherry: we quarrel because you don't understand me. you only care about your own feeling.
雪莉:我们吵架是因为你不理解我,你只在意自己的感受。
andrew: maybe it is because we have different dispositions and views of life. we are just not suitable to stay together.
安德鲁:或许是因为我们有着不同的性格和生活观念。我们在一起并不合适。
sherry: you are just like two different people before and after the marriage. you alwaysforted and pleased me when we were in love. but what i can see all day is your cloudy face after the marriage.
雪莉:你婚前婚后就像是两个人。我们相爱时你经常哄我,让我开心。但婚后我整天能看到的就是你那阴沉的脸。
andrew: i have been too exhausted to love, sherry. you can find one who would love you more.
安德鲁:我已经疲惫得不能再爱了,雪莉。你会遇到更爱你的人的。
sherry: i can understand a saying now: men are always unreliable.
雪莉:我终于理解了一句话:男人是靠不住的。
notes
1. divorce [di?v?:s] n. 离婚,分离; v. 与……离婚,分离
2. bring forward 提出;提议,建议
3. sentiment [?sentim?nt] n.(对怜悯、怀旧等的)柔情;观点,意见
4. disposition [?disp??zi??n] n. 气质,天性,性格;安排,布置
5. exhausted [ig?z?:stid] adj. 耗尽的,用完的;筋疲力尽的,精疲力竭的
6. unreliable [??nri?lai?bl] adj. 不可靠的,不可信任的;不稳定的
小贴士
“离婚”的表达方式:
1. divorce
she has filed a petition for divorce after suffering from long-time domestic violence.
因为长期遭受家庭暴力,她已向法院申请离婚。
2. break up
break up 有“结束一段关系”的意思,比如“结束一段友情,结束一段恋情或者婚姻”。
their marriage broke up last month.
他们上个月离婚了。
3. spill up
they split up after a five-year marriage.
他们结婚长达5年后离婚了。
4. break a marriage
we wouldn't go as far as to break the marriage.
我们还不至于到离婚的地步。





毕业之后还要上的10堂英语课 02 喜怒哀乐
02 喜怒哀乐
你快乐吗?
dialogue
mike is very happy today. why?
麦克今天特别高兴。发生什么事了?
kelly: mike, why are you so happy today?
凯利:迈克,你今天为什么这么高兴?
mike: tell you a good news. i have just won the gold medal in the long-distance running of ourpanypetition.
迈克:告诉你一个好消息。我刚赢得了公司长跑比赛的金牌。
kelly: wow, congratulations to you! you are great.
凯利:喔,恭喜你啊!你真棒。
mike: more of it. i was chosen to represent thepany to attend the sports meeting held by our city.
迈克:还有呢。我被选中代表公司参加我们市举办的运动会。
kelly: are you ready for it?
凯利:你准备好了吗?
mike: yes, i'm always ready. i'm good at running very much.
迈克:是的,我一直准备着呢。我很擅长跑步。
kelly: do you often exercise? i have never seen you running.
凯利:你经常锻炼吗?我从没有见你跑过步。
mike: i always do exercise after work. i keep running every day to beat the laziness within myself and make me healthier. i attended ourpany sports meeting just for a try. i had never thought that i could win the medal so easily.
迈克:我总是下班后去锻炼。我通过每天坚持跑步来击败自身的懒惰,并让自己更健康。我抱着试试的态度参加了公司的运动会,没有想到这么容易就赢得金牌。
kelly: your successes from your persistence. you deserve to win the medal.
凯利:你的成功来自于坚持不懈。金牌是你应得的。
mike: thank you. i really have many unexpected gains through running.
迈克:谢谢。通过跑步,我确实得到了很多意想不到的收获。
kelly: i want to join your exercise from tomorrow, ok?
凯利:从明天起我想加入你的锻炼,可以吗?
mike: of course, i'm only too pleased with yourpany.
迈克:当然。有你的陪伴我再高兴不过了。
notes
1. medal [?med?l] n. 奖章,奖牌
2. gold medal 金牌
3. represent [?repri?zent] v. 表现,描绘;代表,象征,表示;作为代表
4. congratulation [k?n?gr?tju?lei??n] n. 祝贺,恭喜;贺词
5. attend [??tend] v. 参加,出席;照顾,照料
6. laziness [?leizinis] n. 懒惰,偷懒
7. persistence [p??sist?ns] n. 坚持不懈,持续
小贴士
1. on cloud nine 高兴得找不着北,高兴得走路轻飘飘
i've been on cloud nine all day long, because susan accepted my proposal this noon.
苏珊中午答应了我的求婚,我一整天都高兴得找不着北了。
2. feel like a million dollars 感觉好极了
i feel like a million dollars because i was told that i have passed the interview.
我感觉好极了,因为我被告知面试通过了。
3. have the time of one's life 异常高兴
we had the time of our lives on vocation in paris.
我们在巴黎的度假非常愉快。
4. be pleased beyond description 喜不胜言
i was pleased beyond description that i won the first medal in the match.
在比赛中我得了一等奖,这让我喜不胜言。
5. be wild with joy, be ecstatic, be exuberant 欣喜若狂
i was ecstatic to hit the jackpot.
中了头彩,我真是欣喜若狂。
伤心是暂时的
dialogue
abby is crying for the misfortune of the poor child in the movie.
艾比因为电影里那个可怜孩子的命运伤心地哭了。
abby: the movie has pierced into my heart like a needle. the little child in the movie is so poor.
艾比:这个电影就像是一根针一样刺痛了我的心。电影里的小孩子太可怜了。
jack: don't cry, abby. you are too sensitive. it's just a story dramatized by the movie makers. it's not real.
1...4647484950...54
猜你喜欢