您当前位置:首页  >  综合其他

毕业之后还要上的10堂英语课

时间:2023-05-28  来源:  作者:李文昊
我已经迫不及待要见我的父母了,我们已经三年没见了。
2. i can't wait to see it.
我迫不及待要看。
3. i can hardly wait to see them!
我迫不及待地想要见到他们。
4. my heart itches for the travel to beijing already.
我对这次的北京之旅已经迫不及待了。
5. the colleagues are champing to start.
同事们迫不及待地要出发。
6. my children fell over backwards to get the party ready.
孩子们迫不及待地为聚会作准备。
7. hold on a minute. you're jumping the gun.
再等等。你太心急了。
用人不疑
dialogue
kent and nick are talking about theirpany's personnel changes.
肯特和尼克正在讨论公司的人事变动情况。
kent: henry was appointed as the sales manager yesterday.
肯特:亨利昨天升职做销售经理了。
nick: i've heard about it. it is out of my expectation. he has just been transferred to the sales department for several weeks. but he is the manager now.
尼克:我听说了,我真感到意外。他才被调到销售部门几个星期,但现在都是经理了。
kent: his promotion is so quick. he must have a very strong ability on marketing.
肯特:他升迁得这么快,一定在营销方面有很强的能力。
nick: there are also demotions in ourpany. the manager of the financial department was changed two months ago.
尼克:我们公司也有降职的情况。财务部门的经理两个月前被换掉了。
kent: the personnel system of ourpany is fair. the more capable you are, the higher position you will have.
肯特:我们公司的人事制度相当公平。你的能力越高,职位就越高。
nick: what's your plan of your promotion,kent?
尼克:你有什么升迁计划呢,肯特?
kent: i don't have any plan for the moment. i think what i should do now is to get the work done well within my duty.
肯特:我目前还没有什么计划。我想现在应该做的是把职责内的事情做好。
nick: yes, i agree with you. successes from hard work.
尼克:是的,我同意。成功来自于刻苦工作。
notes
1. appoint [??p?int] v. 任命,委派;确定,指定,约定
2. expectation [?ekspek?tei??n] n. 预料,期望,有信心的指望
3. transfer [tr?ns?f?:] v. 转移,迁移;转让;n. 转移,转让;换乘,改变路线
4. promotion [pr??m?u??n] n. 提升,晋级;宣传,推销
5. demotion [di'm?u??n] n. 降级
6. personnel [?p?:s??nel] n.(总称)人员,员工,人事部门
7. personnel system 人事制度
8. for the moment 目前,暂时
小贴士
we often practice a skeptical attitude towards ourselves or others consciously or unconsciously. self-skepticism is the sign of lacking confidence while doubting others is due to the lack of trust in them. we would never imagine the skepticism would lead some astoundingly negative consequences. self-skepticism would discourage our inner confidence and torture us in the shadow of failure, while doubting others would make us feel lack of security and live in the state of danger presumed by ourselves.
我们常常自觉或者不自觉地怀疑自己、怀疑别人。怀疑自己是缺乏自信的表现,而怀疑别人很多时候是因为缺少信任,殊不知这种怀疑常常会导致我们意想不到的恶果。怀疑自己导致我们内心受挫,总是生活在失败的阴影里;怀疑别人则让我们缺乏安全感,总是生活在自己假想的危险中。
焦虑担心最不值
dialogue
may looks in a bad mood.
梅看起来情绪不是很好。
jenny: you look not good today. are you sick?
珍妮:今天你看起来不太好。生病了吗?
may: no, i'm fine, just feel a little worried.
梅:没有,我很好,只是感觉有点担心。
jenny: what do you worry?
珍妮:你担心什么呢?
may: the manager always shouted at me when i talked to him. i think he must be very unsatisfied with me.
梅:我和经理说话时他总是朝我大吼,我想他一定是对我很不满。
jenny: well, take it easy. i even can't count the times that he has yelled at me. sometimes he's just in a bad mood.
珍妮:嗯,把心放宽点。我甚至都数不清楚他吼过我多少次了。他有时只是心情不好。
may: hope he will not fire me.
梅:希望他不会炒我鱿鱼。
jenny: no, you have done your work very well. he will not dismiss you. you will be accustomed to it if you get familiar with his temperament.
珍妮:不会,你工作做得很出色,他不会解雇你的。熟悉他的脾气以后,你就会习惯的。
may: oh, i see.
梅:哦,我知道了。
jenny: my suggestion is that the most important thing is to concentrate yourself on your job now, and anything else is secondary.
珍妮:我的建议是,现在最重要的是把精力集中在工作上,其他的任何事情都是次要的。
may: i see, thank you, jenny.
梅:我明白了!多谢你,珍妮。
notes
1. shout at sb. 朝某人大吼,大声嚷嚷
2. count [kaunt] v. 数,点……的数目,计算;把……算入;看作;n. 计数,总数;事项;罪状
3. yell [jel] v. 喊叫,嚎叫;大声说;n. 叫喊,号叫
4. mood [mu:d] n. 心情,情绪;语气
5. be accustomed to 习惯于
6. temperament [?temp?r?m?nt] n. 性格,性情;气质
7. concentrate [?k?ns?ntreit] v. 专心于,注意;集中,聚集
8. concentrate on 专心于,把思想集中于
小贴士
1. i'm insecure about my future.
我对我的将来有些茫然。
2. i'm uneasy about the future.
我为前途担忧。
3. there's deep anxiety among graduates about their future jobs.
大学毕业生对他们将来的工作都很忧虑。
4. she sounded very agitated on the phone.
电话中她听起来十分焦虑。
5. the bride got cold feet just before the wedding and run off.
就在婚礼开始之前,新娘有些退缩,溜走了。
6. this makes me very nervous.
这件事让我非常焦虑不安。
灰心失望终有时
dialogue
peter meets some difficulties in his work. h feels a little disappointed.
彼得在工作中遇到了一些困难,他有些灰心。
peter: today is july 25th, almost the end of this month. i haven't received any order till now. it's not a good end.
彼得:今天是7月25号,快到月末了。我到现在还没接到任何订单。这样的结果可不妙。
jack: don't worry. maybe you can receive one in the next minute.
杰克:别担心。说不定下一分钟你就能接到一个。
peter: the pressure is too much for me. i have been eager to find a client for the whole month.
彼得:我的压力太大了。一整月了,我都渴望能找到一个客户。
jack: just relax, man. i have the same feeling with you every month. we all have tried our best for it. but sometimes it needs opportunity.
杰克:放轻松点,伙计。我每个月都有和你一样的感觉。我们都很努力了,但有时候是需要机遇的。
peter: what about your achievement? do you have any orders?
彼得:你的业绩怎么样?有订单吗?
jack: i had a deal of 0.5 million yuan last week with an australian client.
杰克:我上一周和一个澳大利亚的客户谈成了一笔50万的订单。
peter: you are great. i think you are good at this job.
彼得:你真棒。我想你很擅长这份工作。
jack: i just received this order by chance on the internet. so just be confident, with your effort, sooner or later you'll have your orders.
杰克:我只是在网上偶然接到这笔订单的。所以自信一点,只要努力,或早或晚你都会有订单的。
peter: yeah, hoping the good fortune will always be on our side.
彼得:对,希望好运会一直陪伴我们。
notes
1. order [??:d?] n. 次序,顺序;整齐,有条理;治安,秩序;命令,嘱咐;订购,订货,订单;汇票;v. 命令,嘱咐;订购,定制;整理,布置
2. client [?klai?nt] n. 委托人;顾客,常客
3. opportunity [??p??tju:niti] n. 机会,时机
4. achievement [??t?i:vm?nt] n. 成就,成绩,功绩;达到,完成
5. fortune [?f?:t??n] n. 机会,运气,转机;前途,命运;事情,转变;庞大的财富,财产
小贴士
1. i didn't get a promotion. what a disappointment!
我没有得到提升,真让人失望!
2. what a let down!
这真令人扫兴。
也可以这样说:
this is disappointing.
3. you disappointed me.
你真让我失望。
也可以这样说:
you let me down.
4. keep your chin up!
振作点!
也可以这样说:
cheer up!
pluck up your spirits!
5. the result of the interview is frustrating to me.
面试的结果令我灰心透了。
6. you should not lose your hope. it's only a mistaken decision. try to lick your wonders.
你不应该灰心,那只是一次决策失误。试试重整旗鼓,努力东山再起。
如何排解厌恶之情
dialogue
tim is much tired of his job now.
提姆现在特别厌倦自己的工作。
tim: i can't bear this boring job. every day i do the same thing, just like a robot.
提姆:我忍受不了这种枯燥的工作了。每天我都像一个机器人一样做着同样的工作。
mike: i think it requires only the specialists like you to do this kind of professional job. many people are admiring your job.
迈克:我觉得这种专业的工作只能由你这样的专家来做。很多人都羡慕你的工作。
tim: but i like the life with joy and passion.i feel that i will be a fool if things go on like this every day.
提姆:但是我喜欢有趣和充满激情的生活。如果每天这样下去,我感觉自己会变成一个傻子。
mike: why not widen your life after work?
迈克:为什么不在下班后拓展你的生活呢?
tim: i don't know what i should do after work. do you have any suggestions, mike?
提姆:我不知道下班后该做什么。你能给一些建议吗,迈克?
mike: you can go to the fitness club, to do exercise there to keep healthy. and also you can play ball games there like billiards and ping-pong.
迈克:你可以去健身俱乐部,通过锻炼来保持健康。你也可以在那里玩球类游戏,像台球、乒乓球等。
tim: sounds like a good idea. it's really a healthy choice.
提姆:听起来是个不错的主意,确实是个健康的选择。
mike: yeah, it's better than just having fun in the bar.
迈克:是啊,比只在酒吧里玩乐要好。
tim: shall we go there together after work today?
提姆:我们今天下班后一起去好吗?
mike: sure, i have a member card in the fitness club near ourpany.
迈克:当然,我有公司附近一家健身俱乐部的会员卡。
notes
1. boring [?b?:ri?] adj. 无趣的,单调的,乏味的
2. specialist [?spe??list] n. 专家,行家;专科医生
3. professional [pr??fe??n?l] adj. 职业的,专业的,内行的;有意的,故意的;n. 具有某专业资格的人,专业人士,专家,职业选手
4. admire [?d?mai?] v. 赞赏,钦佩,称赞,夸奖
5. billiards [?bilj?dz] n. 台球
小贴士
办公室里哪些人最不受欢迎?
1. gossipers were the number one pet peeve.
1...4849505152...54
猜你喜欢